107 replies to this topic

#101 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

At least they're smart enough to know that MXP is HLN's greatest asset. They did the show right by investing in a new set because it's only heightened the show's status as a morning news show.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#102 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

At least they're smart enough to know that MXP is HLN's greatest asset. They did the show right by investing in a new set because it's only heightened the show's status as a morning news show.

But you can't help but feel it can be so much more if they put effort in. 

#103 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:01 AM

HLN will be giving a big promotion push of Morning Express in the new year   http://cnncommentary...billboards/    

#104 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

HLN will be giving a big promotion push of Morning Express in the new year http://cnncommentary...billboards/

They're finally doing the smart thing! MXP has been #2 in the demo for months! I just find it funny whenever I read HLN's monthly ratings press releases that they awkwardly avoid stating that they're beating New Day. It's a shame the rest of the network sucks though. Imagine if the evening lineup had the same format as MXP with anchors that are just as likeable. HLN would be a ratings powerhouse.

Edited by AJJ, 29 October 2015 - 08:22 AM.

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#105 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:54 PM

HLN will be giving a big promotion push of Morning Express in the new year http://cnncommentary...nd-billboards/

They're finally doing the smart thing! MXP has been #2 in the demo for months! I just find it funny whenever I read HLN's monthly ratings press releases that they awkwardly avoid stating that they're beating New Day. It's a shame the rest of the network sucks though. Imagine if the evening lineup had the same format as MXP with anchors that are just as likeable. HLN would be a ratings powerhouse.

The network is trying to balance way too many things: short form news (MXP), crime and law (Nancy Grace and parts of the Daily Share), social issues (Dr Drew) and social media (The Daily Share)/

All of these are different audiences in different age groups. They should choose one and run with it.

#106 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

Just a question: Do you guys think Meade would be much bigger than she is now if she wasn't so reluctant to move to New York? 

I remember when New Day was being developed, she was apparently asked to be cohost but she did not want to move from Atlanta. Do you think that is why she declined the offer or did she feel that she was on to something better by doing her own show, MXP?

#107 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:12 AM

HLN will be giving a big promotion push of Morning Express in the new year http://cnncommentary...nd-billboards/

The network is trying to balance way too many things: short form news (MXP), crime and law (Nancy Grace and parts of the Daily Share), social issues (Dr Drew) and social media (The Daily Share)/

All of these are different audiences in different age groups. They should choose one and run with it.

And they've been this mess for a few years now ... they don't know if they wanted to be the issues  news channel ,court TV tries again , back to issues with some crime splashed in ,the almost for-sale channe ,  they half did that social media thing and are stuck in some lost void, the only shows that do well are  MXP/ WXP, NG , sometimes Dr.Drew, and  Forensic Files.  

Just a question: Do you guys think Meade would be much bigger than she is now if she wasn't so reluctant to move to New York? 

I remember when New Day was being developed, she was apparently asked to be cohost but she did not want to move from Atlanta. Do you think that is why she declined the offer or did she feel that she was on to something better by doing her own show, MXP?

I think she made the right choice.  Cuomo is to much ego to co-host with ( i feel)  he turns me off New Day, so even though I like Robin I wouldn't watch  New Day . I like Camertoa  but still can't watch  New Day when Chris is there,  also MXP is beating New Day so I do think she made the right choice. 

#108 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

Updates to the graphics package this week. Previously MX used the standardized speech bubble, but since Drew,Grace, and Share ended this was the last show left with these graphics. Now MX has its own brand again

IMG_2269.png IMG_2275.png

IMG_2282.png IMG_2287.png

IMG_2288.png

Bonus grab: caught a crew member on air

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users