93 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

Is HN broadcast from CNN Center? I remember when there was that send off from CNNi and CNN US to HN for a little bit.

#2 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

Is HN broadcast from CNN Center? I remember when there was that send off from CNNi and CNN US to HN for a little bit.

I guess every program is from Atlanta, except shows like Nancy Grace, Showbiz Tonight, and that other wierd guy, coming from NYC

#3 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

With CNN International using the HLN weekend set for their live news programs from Atlanta, what does HLN use on Saturday and Sunday? Their normal weekday set?

#4 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

With CNN International using the HLN weekend set for their live news programs from Atlanta, what does HLN use on Saturday and Sunday? Their normal weekday set?

HLN moved out of that control room over a year ago.

#5 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

^^ Thank-you.

#6 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

I originally posted these picutres in the CNN Domestic Studios thread, but now that HLN has its own sub-forum, I thought I might repost them here:

#7 CNN Viewer

CNN Viewer

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

Thx for the pics of the HLN set Charles!
CNN, The World News Leader.

#8 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:51 AM

I would love to see that set on CNNI. Think of all the different shots you'd get from that set. Each show from Atlanta would definitely have its own look then!

But notice there's blue! Lots of it! Blue is the colour of choice for CNNI, CNN US and HLN! But I do like the look of those sets very much, thanks Charles.

#9 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

I can't figure out this control room set (see caps below). I remember it was the main Headline News set until the early 2000's, then they moved into that big, circular studio with a lot of wood and glass, then in late 2006, they redid that set and built the current one. Morning Express, Prime News, and I thought all dayside rolling news came from the main set, but on some weekends (including last weekend), I see them using this control room set again, and what's strange is that they only use a small part of it-- not the entire set.

I can't make HLN caps so here are some caps of Domestic and Int'l using this set:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Looks like CNNi really got the short end of the stick in terms of studio space and design.

#11 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:13 AM

It looks bigger than Int'l, but I don't think HLN really has a newsroom. It's not a bad set. They have a lot of really interesting shots with it. I think the coolest shot is how Bob/Chris/Bonnie use that big RP wall in the back to do weather.

Here's Bonnie doing the weather from that angle.

#12 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

^ I'm talking strictly about the studio this time. I'd be surprised if HLN even has a newsroom.

#13 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:54 AM

My point was that since HLN doesn't seem to have a newsroom, that probably gives them more studio space than Int'l.

I think the HLN set is just one of many great sets Clickspring has designed.

#14 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

oh they do have a newsroom and it looks about the size of CNNI one. i'll try to find pics...

#15 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

You can see some more photos of the HLN studios from the Morning Express page on Facebook. http://www.facebook.... ... 4018172953

#16 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

Thanx there for them pics. That studio looks really nice but it is blue like CNNI. I think that is the color for all CNN stations? I wish we could have a big studio like that and then all the shows can have the own place for them to use.
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#17 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for those pictures, Riceo. They look great.

Thanx there for them pics. That studio looks really nice but it is blue like CNNI. I think that is the color for all CNN stations? I wish we could have a big studio like that and then all the shows can have the own place for them to use.

It's not all blue. There's a lot of brown, gold, and cream, and it comes off looking really nice on TV. It looks much better than the CNNI set in Atlanta, which is all the same shade of blue without any contrast.

CNNI would use that set better. Right now, pretty much all the dayside hours use that big desk only, and Prime News uses the small desk for most of the time. Morning Express uses the set pretty well but if CNNI used it, they really could give each show a different look.

#18 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

Some more pics from behind the scenes at HLN: http://www.facebook.... ... 7047819543 (they're from the HLN Facebook page)

#19 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

^^ Thanks for those Leeroy, they look great. I don't really watch the network anymore, but I love seeing pics like these. A gold star for you! :D

#20 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Quick question: where does that angry crime woman do her show? I know she's from Atlanta, so does she do the show there? In what studio? They never really show the studio during her show.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users