93 replies to this topic

#21 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

I always thought it came from New York for some reason. I'm not sure what lead me to that conclusion, but I guess it makes sense for it to come from Atlanta if she's from there. I wish they would give us a look at the studio so we could possibly work it out.

#22 Guy

Guy

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

Nancy Grace is produced in New York, but she hosts from Atlanta quite often.

#23 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

Alright, thanks for the info. Does her show come from the same studio as that other angry woman's and Joy Behar's shows (i.e. the former AC360 set)?

#24 Guy

Guy

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

In New York she shares a studio with Jane Velez-Mitchell and Joy Behar. In Atlanta she shares a studio with what used to be called Court TV.

#25 jordan299206

jordan299206

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

Looks like Prime News moved over to the truTV/Student News/Nancy Grace studio... http://www.facebook.... ... 3710322266

#26 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

How many studios does HLN have? Is it just one large studio with different sets/presenting areas? I think I've seen some pictures of the set Morning Express uses. I wonder if CNNI could ever move into that studio and remake that and HLN just use the CNNI set in Atlanta. It seems HLN doesn't really need a big studio?

#27 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:13 AM

Interesting proposition, but I don't think CNNI will be moving anywhere out of there current studios for a while to come.

#28 jjlucash

jjlucash

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

How many studios does HLN have? Is it just one large studio with different sets/presenting areas? I think I've seen some pictures of the set Morning Express uses.

Two: one is a large, versatile set--one area is Robin's desk with the TV next to her. Behind that is a lounge area where they report on some of the more lengthy sports stories and do in-studio interviews. Next to that is the plasma wall/weather map, then a spiral staircase as decoration to a balcony. Next to the weather map is a smaller anchor desk that has the control room and former HLN studio (still used sometimes) as a backdrop. There are also two posts/stations where the anchors stand up and report.

The second set is brand-new and the walls are essentially back-lit light boxes, but I haven't seen Prime News in, like, forever because I'm usually watching MSNBC at that time. It is also used on Dr. Gupta's show.

#29 Guy

Guy

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

Next to the weather map is a smaller anchor desk that has the control room and former HLN studio (still used sometimes) as a backdrop.

The former studio you're thinking of was demolished after they removed the old master control room that was behind it several months ago. The area behind the anchor desk in the main studio is just a fake background created by the set designer.

#30 jjlucash

jjlucash

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

Next to the weather map is a smaller anchor desk that has the control room and former HLN studio (still used sometimes) as a backdrop.

The former studio you're thinking of was demolished after they removed the old master control room that was behind it several months ago. The area behind the anchor desk in the main studio is just a fake background created by the set designer.

Okay, thanks. :D I wondered why we hadn't seen the small set and control room in recent months.

#31 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Guy, I'm sure I read that HLN has a newsroom that is not near their actual studios. Is that correct?
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#32 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

Some behind the scene pics.

http://www.facebook.... ... 470&ref=mf
http://www.facebook.... ... 543&ref=nf

#33 Guy

Guy

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Guy, I'm sure I read that HLN has a newsroom that is not near their actual studios. Is that correct?

They are on the same floor, but on opposite ends of the building. When they revamped the network in 1999, they decided to build a new studio. They didn't have enough room close to the newsroom.

#34 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:05 AM

Some behind the scene pics.

http://www.facebook.... ... 470&ref=mf
http://www.facebook.... ... 543&ref=nf

Here are some more pictures from Richelle's album.

#35 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

Thanks muchly for those. There's some interesting photos in that set.

#36 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

This is a wide view of STUDIO H at HLN, taken from the Morning Express facebook page

Posted Image

#37 Samson

Samson

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

This is a question from left field, but does the staircase we sometimes can see on the set that Robin Meade uses actually lead to anywhere? Or is it just a prop? I'm always curious as to why set designers put such things in on their builds.

#38 jegg14

jegg14

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

The staircase is a prop (as noted in a picture posted by morning express awhile ago), My question could HLN be getitng a new set any time soon? I mean they have been in this studio space for awhile.

#39 cnnnz grady

cnnnz grady

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

i just watched this video  and they are in cnn studio 7

I'm CNN's Wolf Blitzer Your In The Situation Room Heres Whats Happening Now

#40 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Usually, Studio 7 does not have normal programming at this time. (Pun very intended)

previosuly kev

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users