77 replies to this topic

#21 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

I'm surprised CNN would let her do that type of show on one of their networks.

Don't forget they had Glen Beck for a while, so we know how low they will go. With that said, I don't know whether he was as theatrical and full of lies as he apparently is now on Fox.

I just see people like Beck and Grace and wonder just how much is for show? Me thinks most of their bravado is.

#22 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:35 PM

This was, and still is, just a sad story.

#23 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

This was, and still is, just a sad story.

I remember this all too well. The boy still hasn't been found, and it seems that the local news channels here have forgotten about him until this was brought up, but no matter what, that was sad.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#24 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

Grace has been ordered to sit for a deposition on Thursday with a camera rolling .. according to a judge's order obtained by TMZ.

Grace and CNN are being sued by the parents of a woman who committed suicide after appearing on Grace's TV show. The parents claim Grace accused the woman of being responsible for the disappearance of her son.

The parents sued Grace and CNN for wrongful death, but Grace did not want her deposition taped because she feared clips would appear on TV and online, taking her out of context and splicing bits and pieces together to make her look bad -- sound familiar?

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2... ... z0dobc9OhY
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#25 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

I truly detest Nancy Grace. As a result of her presence on HLN, I avoid that channel entirely. I don't even channel surf through HLN for fear of accidently coming across Nancy Grace.

For all the bad things that can be said about Fox News, they don't have anyone as obnoxious as her (although Sean Hannity comes close).

#26 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

You know, I have to take back my initial accusations that I don't like Nancy Grace, to be honest, I love her show now! While I do agree she is feisty and sometimes rude to her panel (and poor Elizabeth in the control room) but she can get people to answer the big questions.

Plus it's just plain entertaining.

#27 jjlucash

jjlucash

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:16 AM

You know, I have to take back my initial accusations that I don't like Nancy Grace, to be honest, I love her show now! While I do agree she is feisty and sometimes rude to her panel (and poor Elizabeth in the control room) but she can get people to answer the big questions.

I love how Elizabeth always bursts out laughing when Nancy targets her.

#28 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:38 PM

I love how Elizabeth always bursts out laughing when Nancy targets her.

#29 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:30 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's too funny!
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#30 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

I was about to say the trial of Nancy Grace is still going on, but it is yet to start.

#31 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

Nancy's new book, "Death on the D-List" is due out soon. CNN.COM/NANCYGRACE for more info.

Are you one of Nancy’s Facebook fans? If so, e-mail us your photo & contact information to: [email protected]! Include a brief description of what you love about Nancy & why you love being Nancy’s Facebook fan! Every week on “Nancy Grace” we’ll show some photos on-air!

#32 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

Did anyone see her on Fox News? I heard she was on Bill O'Reilly's show, but didn't watch myself.

#33 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:45 AM

Ouch!

http://www.mediabist...foot_170871.asp

#34 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Yikes! I guess it must not have been too bad then if she still did her show. I broke my leg once and it was so painful.

#35 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

Her new syndicated show starts next week.

Quick question: How common is it for network television personalities to do syndicated shows for other companies in conjunction with their network job? Is there an advantage to HLN in letting her appear on a show of her own on other networks?

#36 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

Well, it's more common for TV personas to have syndicated radio shows, although Nancy is not the only one to have a syndicated TV show. Without Googling, only Chris Mathhews' syndicated TV show comes to mind, but I'm sure there's at least two or three more that are or were on air.

Edited by newser, 07 September 2010 - 06:01 PM.

#37 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:03 AM

Her new syndicated show starts next week.

Here's a mini interview with Nancy about that syndicated show. http://www.reuters.c...E68C1HP20100913

And here's a Youtube channel with videos from the show: http://www.youtube.c...iftJusticeGrace

Edited by Nelly, 20 September 2010 - 06:05 AM.

"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#38 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

Cool, thanks for the link to the videos! Great to be able to see the graphics and music.
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#39 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

After four years of litigation and discovery including a videotaped deposition by Nancy Grace, a Florida family has suddenly dropped its lawsuit against the HLN host.

http://www.mediabist...-dropped_b38742

#40 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:41 AM

Health scare for Nancy. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users