Posted Image

#2 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

The new Headline News logo feels like it wants to be part of the Adobe Creative Suite.

Posted Image

#3 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, I don't know what the point of HLN in a box is all about, we get it, it's Headline News. That was a worthless change, but I like the new ticker.

#4 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

Looks good, like a European channel. Did they change the rest of the graphics too, not only ticker?
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#5 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

No, they are still using the same graphics on-air.

#6 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:50 PM

They're similar. It's still jumbled, but a little less cluttered. At least that's what I saw on Prime News this afternoon. I like the flipper. It acts a lot like the CNNI flipper.

What's interesting to note is that the red CNN logo seldom appears on screen anymore. I guess they're trying to distance HLN's sensationalism with big CNN's grasp of reality and perspective, and I can't blame them.

#7 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

Headline News Becomes "HLN"

http://www.mediabist... ... 8.asp#more
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#8 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

That's interesting. They have been referring it to HLN for a while now, so it works. I was hoping that article would mention programming changes or a whole revamp, I think it's necessary due to the low ratings for this network.

#9 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

It looks interesting on HLN right now with Lou Dobbs Tonight. Using the CNN U.S. graphics but just changing the CNN logo to HLN News and Views logo instead. If CNN International gets a variation, I wish HLN would get it too. But, more than likely not seeing as they keep trying to rid the CNN brand from it slowly but surely.

#10 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

As you probably know by now, CNN/I already adopted CNN/US' graphics for the first time since 1998. Now, can anyone venture a guess or mock of what HLN will look like if it gets its turn to do so in its entirety (while preserving its existing colour scheme)?
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#11 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:09 AM

I know everyone hates Nancy Grace, but on Monday they launched a totally revamped look. It's sooo much better then the train wreck that was on-screen before, the opening is the best part, they still cram a lot of information in the lower-thirds, but it's more organized than it was before. Thumbs up, so now Morning Express and Nancy Grace have the best graphics.

#12 CNN Viewer

CNN Viewer

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:07 AM

I know everyone hates Nancy Grace, but on Monday they launched a totally revamped look. It's sooo much better then the train wreck that was on-screen before, the opening is the best part, they still cram a lot of information in the lower-thirds, but it's more organized than it was before. Thumbs up, so now Morning Express and Nancy Grace have the best graphics.

Agreed on the new NG graphics, they are much nicer, a bit reminiscent of the old CourtTV package. I liked the logo and music for the NG show launch; the recent just-replaced version was very messy but strangely matched the tabloidy tone of the show.
CNN, The World News Leader.

#13 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

Does anyone have any pics of the new graphics? I'd be interested to see them.

#14 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Here you go:
The actual opening doesn't start until 5:05, long headlines on this show.

#15 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

Here you go:
The actual opening doesn't start until 5:05, long headlines on this show.

Sorry I'm late on this. Thanks for the video. They sure do cram a heap of info on screen, eh!

#16 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:15 AM

I noticed that they tweaked the graphics a little bit for Morning Express. They added a clock at the bottom right (and it shows Mountain and Central time, unlike Domestic's) and they changed the ME bug at the bottom right so that it doesn't look as awkward looking. Plus, during weather, there's a little lower third that flips through cities and describes what the day will be like (e.g. 'Heat Wave' or 'More Rain').

I like American Morning but Morning Express runs at a much faster pace and is the better morning program of the two in my opinion.

#17 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:40 AM

This caught my attention--- "BIG NEWS BREAKING"

Posted Image

#18 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

I hate how all the text just seems to run into each other. There's no proper spacing between the lines. :mad:

#19 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:40 AM

I've seen that a couple of times when I've flipped over and besides being pointless, it just looks damn messy. :gross:

#20 madaboutpenny

madaboutpenny

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:36 PM

I've seen that a couple of times when I've flipped over and besides being pointless, it just looks damn messy. :gross:

And you've got to LOVE the way they've highlighted the words "Hot Debate".

/sarcasm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users