12 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

It's a site that I've spent a lot of time on. You can check out a lot of live streams from U.S. news bulletins, as well as some international broadcasters.

It's hit and miss what you get most of the time, but if you take the time to look around, you'll find something worthwhile. Also - take note that you're probably not going to get anything from the U.S. channels during the overnight hours. And yes, it's a Murdoch website - but it's free!

#2 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

Hey, I've been to that site many times to watch a morning newscast out of Detroit. I hardly go there these days, but thanks for sharing. :D
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#3 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

wow this is a very interesting site. Thanks 4 this I am going to take a good look around later on. :D
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#4 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:20 AM

Thanks for sharing that. Here are some other sites I've found:

Fomny: they have tons of streams there, too, and they break it down by country. Not all of them work, but many do. They have a lot of Canadian CBC broadcasts, too. (This particular stream is from my hometown, in case you're interested.)

CNBC: they have a Pipeline-like pay service, but they have this free stream that pops up every now and then. It mostly only appears during the evening and overnight hours (US time), but you can keep watching it for as long as you have it streaming in WMV player.

Tiki Live: streams CNN Domestic, FNC, and FBN. Quality is okay.

Livestation: they have the most streams out of anybody, and the quality of a lot of them are pretty good. They have the best AJE stream, and they also stream BBC World (everywhere except for the UK and US, unfortunately). They also have an iPhone application, which works great.

#5 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

It's amazing to see so many live news channels online these days. I still remember, just a couple of years ago, when such services didn't exist. Thanks everyone for the great links. I'm yet to check them all out, but there's a good collection of links here.
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#6 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:44 AM

Has anyone else in the US been able to watch BBC World News on Livestation? I clicked on it via the website and the stream started! I logged off the computer and logged back in a few hours later, and got the usual error message when I tried to watch BBC WN again. It was a nice 20 minutes or so anyway.

#7 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:52 AM

Yes; I remember when they revamped their website in December and added the CNNI premium stream, I tried watching the complimentary preview and was able to despite the warning below it that said it wasn't available in the US.

Now, whenever I try watching a preview of a channel that isn't available in the US, it recognizes that I'm from the US and doesn't even load the preview anymore.

#8 laceygriffen

laceygriffen

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:23 AM

It was working properly for me at that time because I am not from US but Charles had a same problem which is you discribed here. Hope that now all would be working properly there.

#9 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

It's a site that I've spent a lot of time on. You can check out a lot of live streams from U.S. news bulletins, as well as some international broadcasters.

It's hit and miss what you get most of the time, but if you take the time to look around, you'll find something worthwhile. Also - take note that you're probably not going to get anything from the U.S. channels during the overnight hours. And yes, it's a Murdoch website - but it's free!

It looks like they have closed this website down. Such a shame because I used to like looking at all the live links. I think some spammers bought the website now.

#10 Thok

Thok

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:58 AM

Most of the stream are down or are not the right content or are linking to the known websites.

#11 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

It was a great site even up to a few months back. It was great to see the different local morning shows all streaming live online at the one place. A great website for a news junkie.

#12 Thok

Thok

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for sharing that. Here are some other sites I've found:

Fomny: they have tons of streams there, too, and they break it down by country. Not all of them work, but many do. They have a lot of Canadian CBC broadcasts, too. (This particular stream is from my hometown, in case you're interested.)

CNBC: they have a Pipeline-like pay service, but they have this free stream that pops up every now and then. It mostly only appears during the evening and overnight hours (US time), but you can keep watching it for as long as you have it streaming in WMV player.

Tiki Live: streams CNN Domestic, FNC, and FBN. Quality is okay.

Livestation: they have the most streams out of anybody, and the quality of a lot of them are pretty good. They have the best AJE stream, and they also stream BBC World (everywhere except for the UK and US, unfortunately). They also have an iPhone application, which works great.

Most of the stream are down or are not the right content or are linking to the known websites. ( update post with quote after forum move)

Especially a CNN HLN live stream is needed.

#13 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

I finally got an answer on why the website disappeared.

Sorry guys - the site went offline late last year. FOX/Newscorp wasn't committed to keep it up and running. The good folks at WFLD, namely Steve Baron, did a great job getting it started... and I enjoyed being a moderator on the site. Maybe someone else will take a similar idea and run with it.

http://www.facebook....com/12194672323

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users