151 replies to this topic

#21 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

I'm no longer in the Don fan club, but in reference to that video above, this guy/girl/group writes this:

You can literally see CNN anchor Don Lemon's face drop after the correspondent tell him the unfortunate truth, Bush is extremely popular across large swaths of Africa....

http://www.weaselzip... ... tion-.html

To me, it seemed like he just sat up or was getting comfortable. I don't think it was a reaction to what the reporter was saying. Non-story.

#22 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, I get that arrogance feeling as well. Almost like Rick, though a bit more snark.

#23 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:34 AM

#24 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

CNN's Lemon Praises Maher for Raising Anti-Obama Racism: 'Finally Someone's Talking About This'

Interesting read.
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#25 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

Don was on headline duty (or I guess "INCOMING") during the extra long edition of SitRoom today/tonight.

Posted Image

#26 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

http://gawker.com/54... ... r/gallery/
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#27 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#28 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

He's doing breaking news coverage with Natalie on the New York Times Square bomb plot. Nice to see an anchor from CNN/US anchoring on the CNNI set. I wish it was like this often - shifting the anchors of CNN/US and CNNI so they appear on both networks from time to time.
"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#29 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:03 AM

I was coming here to post about a gutsy move Don did by retweeting a user but it seems he has deleted the tweet, so maybe not so gusty. Anyway, the tweet was from someone saying "Pierce [sic] Morgan replacing Larry King, downgrade". I was going to say that it was pretty bold to diss (by association with the RT) your network's new hire.

For the record, I don't entirely disagree with the comment.
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#30 Thok

Thok

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

It´s CNN policy. Otherwise he would have gotten himself fired. See the similar twitter case incident with Octavia Nasr.

#31 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

Don revealed on air hat he was sexually abused as a child. Very brave thing to do.

http://www.mediabist...velation_b32419

#32 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:14 AM

Some of those comments on TV Newser are just plain sick. Disgusting anonymous trolls. What a horrible site it has become with those people. Thanks for the story though Riceo.

#33 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:17 AM

Do yourself a favor Nuggle.... don't ever read the comments on TV Newser. I gave up that a while ago because of the idiots.

#34 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

He has written a memoir. http://www.wibw.com/..._117125058.html

#35 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:49 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ginnyfan, 26 March 2011 - 11:49 PM.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#36 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

Don reveals he is gay in his new book.

http://www.nytimes.c...nchor.html?_r=1

#37 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

I have mixed feelings about all of this, my initial reaction was... what business is this of mine? And how is this news? What does this have to do with the flooding of the Mississippi River, the outrageous gas prices, the unrest in the Middle East? I truly feel someone's private life is their own business and John Q. public certainly is not due any explanations.

But on the flip side, I think it's ridiculous that gays are not afforded the same rights and privileges as straight people. And if coming out helps to achieve that status, then so-be-it. :unsure:

Edited by cnn-domestic, 16 May 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#38 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

I agree. I don't see why our society still creates this atmosphere where gay people feel they have something to hide or be ashamed of. With that said, nice way to generate a bit of buzz for a book.

PS: How would have figured Don was in his mid 40's? :shock:

#39 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

Why is he writing a book in the first place?:rolleyes: US anchors think they are such stars...
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#40 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

CNN anchor Don Lemon talks about his candid new memoir, Transparent.

http://video.nhptv.o...deo/1963956553/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users