New Show

17 replies to this topic

#1 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

I wonder if this will be an afternoon or evening show?

#2 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

:lol: at Crossballs.

Sounds like some kind of a political show they're doing. Hopefully in the afternoon. All the night slots have been taken.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#3 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:31 AM

Firstly, I must say that it's a good idea they're finally considering new program ideas. I was worried Klein was getting too complacent with the lineup he created in 2005, which met success initially but has been declining today. I'm glad he still has ideas in his head.

With that said, I think a political Crossfire/Hannity & Colmes type of show is the wrong way to go. I'm not happy with everything Domestic does, but at least they're the most balanced and most watchable compared to Fox and MSNBC. I hope this isn't a sign that they've decided the stance of impartiality can't work because I'd hate to see CNN fall even more into the mold of Fox and MSNBC by towing party lines. If CNN fell into opinion crap all the time, I don't know where I'd go for national news anymore. I guess I'd listen to NPR full time.

If I had to guess, this show would probably replace Lou Dobbs-- his show seems to be on its last legs anyway, and I don't think they want to get rid of Campbell seeing as she keeps co-hosting these big political nights.

#4 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

Feminists are up in arms over this. Yes, I'm serious.... http://www.msmagazin...ry.asp?ID=11934

#5 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

Is this still going ahead or not? I'm sure I read a week or so on one of the TV news blogs that a CNN spokesperson shot this down but nobody else seems to have picked up that quote. I wish I could find the article.

#6 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

More talk of a new show, this time it appears it could be a morning show.

"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#7 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

Great, let's kill of one of the rare news programs still on the network, pathetic.

CNN is testing a concept that would include personalities with dueling political ideologies and opinions.

:sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#8 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

I definitely agree. American Morning is one of the few, if not the only, daily program on Domestic that I like. I also think having two opposing politically-charged presenters would be too polarizing for morning television.

#9 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

CNN's move to bring in commentators from both differing ideologies undercuts their opinion-free stance. I'll still choose American Morning over the other shows. What is CNN really doing?

I don't care much for ratings; I'll steer clear of Fox and Friends and Morning Joe. Never cared much for Morning Express, and CNNI has no watchability - except for KLS on WR, but then again, I hardly watch her anymore these days.
"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#10 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

Desperate times lead to stupid decisions, so I would not be surprised at all if this goes ahead. Copying Fox and MSNBC isn't the answer.

#11 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

Like people really wanna watch talking heads arguing in the mornings. :roll:
AM is perfect as it is, the fact that it's losing to Fox's comedy hour shouldn't make them change their concept of ''most news in the mornings''.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#12 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

I haven't really heard Michel Martin's show because my NPR station doesn't air it, but I am familiar with David Shuster from MSNBC, and CNN, whatever you do, please please please don't hire that man.

#13 madaboutpenny

madaboutpenny

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:20 AM

...CNN, whatever you do, please please please don't hire [David Shuster].

I agree wholeheartedly.

:Yes:

#14 jjlucash

jjlucash

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:03 AM

*gasp* Y'all don't like Shuster? I mean he's kinda crass, but still... :lol:

#15 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:17 AM

NOOOoooo....

#16 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

Rick Sanchez would have a playdate after work if Shuster went to CNN. :lol:

Seriously, I hate the thought of poaching people from other (struggling) networks. Why doesn't CNN go out and find fresh, new talent. I don't see how you can build a stronger brand on recycled pieces.

#17 jjlucash

jjlucash

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

Rick Sanchez would have a playdate after work if Shuster went to CNN. :lol:

Seriously, I hate the thought of poaching people from other (struggling) networks. Why doesn't CNN go out and find fresh, new talent. I don't see how you can build a stronger brand on recycled pieces.

DING-DING-DING! I love Shuster, but DING-DING-DING! I've read, on here, repeatedly that they've auditioned people, so why not hire them? Why not put Brooke Baldwin in Betty's old seat instead of constantly flying in different correspondents off the their schedules?

#18 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:13 AM

I don't mind them poaching people as long as they poach the right people. Shuster isn't one of them. He isn't even half the journalist Rick Sanchez is. He is so unprofessional and biased that CNN should never even consider him. I'm not too familiar with Michel Martin.

Edit: Though it may sound like Shuster is out of a job anyway.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users