#41 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

Did John anchor?
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#42 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

So, as someone already mentioned in another thread, John is moving from Beijing back to Atlanta. Michael Holmes writes on BackStory's FB page: "Ok, you may have noticed Nic Robertson is filling in in Abu Dhabi, hosting Prism now that Stan is heading to the Beijing Bureau (and John Vause heads here to HQ to anchor a show)".

With Finnouala absent for quite a while and Isha possibly moving to AC 360 permanently, I see John coming either to W1 or IDesk.

Whatever his new stint is, I'm delighted he's back anchoring. (Not that I don't like his work as correspondent, on the contrary! ;-) )

#43 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

Wow, so this is another shake up, Stan is done with Prism for good?:surprised:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#44 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:50 PM

And it just crossed my mind that the second hour of "London" WR that's now hosted by Rosie still awaits its new host. Hopefully it's not gonna be John that gets to work at 2am each night.

Edited by newser, 27 September 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#45 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

And it just crossed my mind that the second hour of "London" WR that's now hosted by Rosie still awaits its new host. Hopefully it's not gonna be John that gets to work at 2am each night.

Michael Holmes writes on BS Facebook page that John will indeed host the 2 am ET show. Bad for him to get a graveyard shift, but at least Europe will get nice mornings with Australian accent.

Vausey will do an hour long program at 2am eastern US time, starting in a couple of weeks. Until then, he's going to do some filling in on The Brief and some of our weekend bulletins as well as take a well earned week off to do little things like get a driver's license and find a place to live.

Edited by newser, 04 October 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#46 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

Oh dear, the madness continues, Atlanta doing London mornings in the middle of the night.

Couldn't they at least move him to London so he could do it from there?

Or at least put him for 2 hours with Rosie, but of course not, double anchoring is allowed only if anchors are seperated by thousands of miles.:rolleyes:

Edited by ginnyfan, 04 October 2010 - 09:49 PM.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#47 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

I think it's a terrible idea to put John at that time, but probably for a different reason than most others. You see, part of the appeal of CNNI for me was the diversity. Between Anna, Andrew, Rosemary, Michael and now John, the majority of broadcast day will basically be local accents for me.

#48 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

I agree. Awful decision. Why? Why? Why?

#49 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

... "a terrible idea to put John at that time" was a little dramatic of me, but, I'm not sure where else they would have put him. It was the only real opening without taking anyone off air, except for the Prism show.

#50 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

Don't get me wrong, I really like John, but I was hoping for a fresh face.

#51 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

I kind of hoped he was gonna get Isha's IDesk, because her AC360 stint started to look like a permanent thing.

Edited by newser, 04 October 2010 - 11:48 PM.

#52 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:56 PM

It's interesting that CNNI now seems to be targeting Australian audiences, as Morph pointed out with Anna, Andrew, Rosie, Michael (through the BS replay) and now John soon to be all on air during the Aussie daytime shifts, and within a short period of time of each other too.

#53 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

John is anchoring 1600 GMT WR now.

UPDATE: a few caps... unfortunately I couldn't cap the beginning of the show when John was walking around the studio and dealing with the magic wall.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by newser, 08 October 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#54 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Interesting..how did he do? He has anchored before, so I wouldn't suspect this would be too hard for him.

#55 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

It went pretty smooth. The first part of the show, when he walked away from the anchor desk over to the magic wall and back, gave it "IDesk-ish" feeling

#56 blnboy

blnboy

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

John confirms he will be doing the 2am show eventually.

http://twitter.com/#!/vausecnn/status/26781159532

I think they should team John and Rosie up for european mornings, that would be a fun show. why give them separate consecutive hours? i don't get it!

#57 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

I don't get it either but it's the new CNN politics - solo all the time.:rolleyes:

Anyway I love John as an anchor, remember him from the old days, he's got personality.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.JPG   57.82KB   4 downloads
  • Attached File  grf.JPG   56.97KB   6 downloads
  • Attached File  2.JPG   63.54KB   5 downloads

#58 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

I was never around for when he was an anchor, so I'm looking forward to seeing him. It's weird seeing him anchor in those caps.

#59 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Between Anna, Andrew, Rosemary, Michael and now John, the majority of broadcast day will basically be local accents for me.

However, the majority of the World loves an Aussie accent! It's kind of neutral - Put an American, people may switch off. British can be too British. Can't have too strong an accent because it would be too much of an effort to listen.
Example: Would you rather listen to Maggie Lake or Anna Coren? Now I Like Maggie but give me Anns's dulcet tones any day!!!!

Edited by Gman, 09 October 2010 - 06:11 PM.

#60 danifrench

danifrench

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

Excuse me but Rosemary is not australian, she was born in belfast and lived in many parts of england. By the way it's easy to understand her.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users