588 replies to this topic

#1 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

Night HK background on WBT.

Posted Image
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#2 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

Was that their live camera? I noticed that they've stopped using the live camera for CNN Today (good riddance, I say).

#3 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

It's not from the camera's old position. I haven't seen it so I don't know if its live but it looks fantastic.

#4 kev

kev

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

my, my! the Hong Kong live cam shot is now aimed at the city's famous skyline.

FYI, the previous shot location should be right outside CNN's HK office, which is not located at the CBD (it's to the east of it, AFAIK). So that shot would be aimed at the northern coast of Hong Kong Island and the Kowloon Peninsula, which is on the other side of the Victoria Harbour.

And for CNN Today's scrapping the live backdrop, I think it might be due to the smog over the Harbour.

#5 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

It was a live shot.

I also think they don't use the live shot on CNN Today when there's too much smog. Is that why that background is so green often>???
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#6 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:11 AM

Um...... :?:

http://edition.cnn.c...y.on.darfur.cnn

#7 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:15 AM

I was just about to post a cap of this too. I have no idea why they didn't record the interview on the set. Still, I think it's probably the best shot we've seen that shows how the set faces the newsroom.

#8 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

I was just about to post a cap of this too. I have no idea why they didn't record the interview on the set. Still, I think it's probably the best shot we've seen that shows how the set faces the newsroom.

Is Clooney in Hong Kong?

This reaffirms where I thought the set is. I just would've assumed there would be at least some sort of wall separating it from the newsroom.

#9 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

Is Clooney in Hong Kong?

This reaffirms where I thought the set is. I just would've assumed there would be at least some sort of wall separating it from the newsroom.

Not as far as I know. Sorry, I meant I have no idea why Anna didn't record the interview on set. I thought maybe Kristie may have been on air with CNN Today, but I can't see her at the news desk. :-?

EDIT: Unless that's Kristie on the screen on the left? Was she wearing purple today?

#10 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

That shot of HK looks great, that's what they should use all the time.

Now I'm totally confused about the location of the HK set. I thought it was at the same place where the old one was but now I see the newsroom is tight in front of it and not behind it. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

#11 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

I see they added a plasma screen in HK like in London.

Now that I saw the real position of the set I wonder why don't they sometimes use the wide shot over the newsroom, something like Al Jazeera does. It would make this set look so much better and not so small and empty.

#12 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

^^ I hope they use that long shot more frequently as well!

Here's the position of the new screen on the Hong Kong set.

(click to enlarge)

#13 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

It's amazing how a small addition like that can make the set look so much better.

#14 wetsom

wetsom

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

My Hongkong concept :lol:

Posted Image

#15 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

I like it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But for real , that would be a great background. I always thought that was what they were supposed to do in the first place, leave the newsrooms behind only redecorate their walls with adding newswalls, plasma screens and strange windows which are the trademark of their post 2006 sets.

#16 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

(click to enlarge)

They should use that live shot all the time.
The screens are to small on HK for the loop to even look almost decent.

wetsom that looks great. My frosting idea would still work if they had a newsroom refit.

#17 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

(click to enlarge)

They should use that live shot all the time.
The screens are to small on HK for the loop to even look almost decent.

wetsom that looks great. My frosting idea would still work if they had a newsroom refit.

Why not project it on the large video wall behind the anchors in stead of that strange blue 3d cnn logo?
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#18 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

I think they do for WBT.
They should have it for Today and WNA as well.

#19 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

That new LCD for Hong Kong looks good, but it would be a little better if it had a thinner edge around it. Just a personal preference.

#20 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

I hated the look of all the old white sets, BUT, we've got some new wallpapers soon. A couple of Kristie and Anjali. They were taken on the white Hong Kong set with the desk moved forward a lot more than it is. I think it would have looked way better on TV if they had done that during broadcasts - it looks great!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users