588 replies to this topic

#581 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

We get to see CNN Hong Kong in its glory, as it should be. Very much enjoyed seeing Andrew and Kristie together on News Stream.

Speaking of which, I heard Alexandra Field will be based there for a year to help out with their operations as Anna is away on maternity leave

Spoiler

http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#582 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

We get to see CNN Hong Kong in its glory, as it should be. Very much enjoyed seeing Andrew and Kristie together on News Stream.

Speaking of which, I heard Alexandra Field will be based there for a year to help out with their operations as Anna is away on maternity leave

Spoiler

Alexandra Field reminds me of BBC Singapore anchor, Sharanjit Leyl

#583 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

'CNN Newsroom Live from Hong Kong with Andrew Stevens' in the studio this Friday!

At the desk?

#584 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

'CNN Newsroom Live from Hong Kong with Andrew Stevens' in the studio this Friday!

At the desk?

Just a static shot of the control room. I never know if they are sitting at the desk or standing. It looks like they're standing to me. Does anyone know?

Also, going from yesterday, with the live link to Andrew, it proves that the flash set is in a different area to the main set, seeing as Kristie was in the main studio at the time of talking to Andrew with the HK skyline on the monitor behind Andrew.

#585 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

Hey, just say this tweet from someone in the HK bureau: https://twitter.com/...658490853797888

I don't see why they'd install new lights (especially these kind - 'studio lights'). I hope this is more investment in Hong Kong and their studio/set as well as maybe programming.

Edited by imjohndoeandthisiscnn, 05 March 2016 - 10:37 PM.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#586 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Wow were seeing the HK desk and real windows on air today - not live but in a recorded package. Still good nethertheless.

So nice to see it.

#587 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

ok, I have not done this for a while - but come on CNN, give us some more programming out of HK.

Hong Kong has been very quiet as of late, even more so since the destruction in programming from there. You have a great team and broadcast centre there - use it!

#588 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

News Stream now has the live HK skyline displayed on the three back screens. It may be the most dated set in the CNNi family, but I think it still looks the best. The lighting is spot on for News Stream and it looks spacious, something that the sets in Atlanta, London and AD lack, even though I guess all their sizes are not much different from each other.

#589 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

I wonder if Robyn Curnow will now be the regular stand in for News Stream, with Andrew Stevens going and with the iDesk being reduced to 45 minutes. Ivan Watson is usually on move around.

Really, is it worth News Stream keeping going for the sake of 45 minutes? and the amount of times it's not even on? They might has well just to hell with it and move it to Atlanta or London full time.

Whatever, sad to see HK reduced to just one anchor.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)