#301 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

From Nima's bio:

Nima Elbagir is an International Correspondent for CNN based in London, the global network’s European headquarters and second largest production hub.

I know London is CNNI's second largest production hub, but that sentence makes no mention of CNNI, just CNN generally. I would have thought New York is CNN's 2nd largest production hub. Can anyone clarify?

#302 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

They're probably not counting CNN Center as a hub.

#303 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

From Nima's bio:

Nima Elbagir is an International Correspondent for CNN based in London, the global network’s European headquarters and second largest production hub.

I know London is CNNI's second largest production hub, but that sentence makes no mention of CNNI, just CNN generally. I would have thought New York is CNN's 2nd largest production hub. Can anyone clarify?

I would guess the production hubs are arranged as follows, right?

CNN Center > Times Warner Center (NYC) > London > LA > Hong Kong > Miami = Abu Dhabi

By the way, CNN Center is branded as CNN's Global Headquarters
previosuly kev

#304 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:25 AM

I would have thought Atlanta/New York/London/Wshington/Hong Kong/LA/Miami/Abu Dhabi/Johannesburg(I'm assuming Marketplace Africa is fully produced there)

#305 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

Posted Image
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#306 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

nice picture there gruffny. does anyone know how big cnn london set is in metres? is it bigger than the atlanta set?
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#307 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Noo, it's much smaller.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#308 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

They replaced the old plasma screen with bigger touch screen

BEFORE

Posted Image

NOW

Posted Image

Edited by ginnyfan, 11 March 2011 - 11:22 PM.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#309 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

Have any wide shots been used at London this weekend? All I've seen is one shot of the anchor behind the desk. I'm guessing to keep staffing costs down?

#310 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:17 AM

I didn't see any, but there's no need anyways as the various pictures of the disaster serve as the best segue possible when they're going to breaks.

On the other hand, I might be wrong but I don't think they would be saving money on this, because you must have an immediate back-up option if one camera dies or other technical problems occur. The cost saving would be obvious IMO if they didn't open the studio at all.

Edited by newser, 13 March 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#311 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

To correct myself - they didn't replace the screens, they added the touch screen.

Posted Image

#312 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

I was wondering how do they capture the touch-screen segments as the space seems to small for the cameras to fit, unless ofcourse they zoom in, which seems to be the case as of now. Just saw Zain using the screen for the Libya story. Nice addition. I think this would be great for a show like CTW.

Edited by Junk Junk., 06 June 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#313 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

The touch screen is replaced with a much bigger one.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by ginnyfan, 02 June 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#314 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

I'm watching CTW right now and I can safely say that I much prefer the set when the lights are dimmed.
The dark blue looks so much better and, to me, more professional.

When the lights are on full, it's just too much!

#315 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

At the start of WBT today, Nina had an unsightly orange glow. The lighting made her look terrible, which is pretty hard to do. When they came back from a break, the color issue was fixed.

#316 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

Also, have they replaced the three vertical plasmas to the left of the RP wall with the touchscreen?

#317 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

OMG, just saw this new change and it's bad. The 3 plasma screens are in a way a trademark of CNN sets since the 2006 relunch. Touch screen in their place looks bad, I can only imagine how bad it will look behind Zain on her close up shot.:taped:

#318 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Here are some caps, first with the W1 logo

Posted Image

Later on they had the old background on it with 3 vertical black stripes so that it looks like there are 3 plasma screens.:surprised:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by ginnyfan, 08 June 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#319 wetsom

wetsom

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

Later on they had the old background on it with 3 vertical black stripes so that it looks like there are 3 plasma screens.:surprised:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Three vertical black strip unnecessary

Edited by wetsom, 08 June 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#320 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

It makes the screen to the right of the RP wall look out of palce/proportion now.
Could they not have gotten rid of the small screen that Becky uses for Connect the World Interviews and moved the touchscreen a bit to the right?
Does that make sense?!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users