748 replies to this topic

#21 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

You know what? We're going to be wanting all programs to originate from Studio A in Atlanta now :lol:

#22 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

Yes, it's a pitty Atlanta screen time is so small now.
I hate the HK set, it's the worst set ever, totally empty and small, it's no wonder they only have like 2 shots there. :-(

London set looks better than ever. I wish they would put a nice desk into the neswroom and do some shows from there. Tonight Becky did updates from there and the shot behind her looked very nice (gallery with clocks).
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#23 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

There's a few here from the BackStory tour, so I've made them thumbnails. Click to enlarge to my regular size.

#24 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

It does not look anything like what was in here http://www.fxgroup.t...ncepts/set6.htm but despite the size, it looks pretty impressive. Where is weather being done?

Too bad I missed the Backstory piece. How did Michael introduce it (what did he say)?
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#25 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

It does not look anything like what was in here http://www.fxgroup.t...ncepts/set6.htm but despite the size, it looks pretty impressive. Where is weather being done?

Too bad I missed the Backstory piece. How did Michael introduce it (what did he say)?

This is another presenting position in here:

Posted Image

Not sure if weather will come from there or not?

#26 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

Not sure if weather will come from there or not?

It must be. I was wondering what that smaller set was for, but it seems to add up that they are going to do the weather and other shows that feature blue screen shots on that set.

#27 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

^^

Blue screen shots? So it means shots of some shows/segments won't be projected on an actual video screen?

#28 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

^^

Blue screen shots? So it means shots of some shows/segments won't be projected on an actual video screen?

Yes. The weather is done this way most of the times.

#29 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:24 PM

Here's the video of the mini tour Michael showed us on BackStory.

Or click here for higher quality (HQ version still being processed)

#30 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

A small comparison of the old and the new studio:

Old:
Posted Image
New:
Posted Image

#31 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

That small part of the set with the blue screen was always there, that's where they used to do the weather.

I like how those 4 plasma screens around the newswall are now not part of that newswall construction.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#32 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

:shock: Wow. I am so jealous of you guys with CNN International! That new set looks wonderful!

Morpium, I know nobody has done so yet, but thank-you, thank-you, thank-you on behalf of all of us in the U.S. who have no access to CNN International. Your caps and video are superb.

#33 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

Michael got his facts wrong: Jonathan's show actually premiered 2 weeks ago; Michael said it premiered today.

I wonder how QMB will use that studio when Quest is in town.

The first general newscast from there is to be done in a little over an hour. We'll see how it is done.

#34 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

And another comparison:

Old:
Posted Image
New:
Posted Image

The angle and the distance are not quite the same, but from these pictures it appears as though the screen in the back has become a bit smaller.

#35 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

I think the newswall is the same only the camera is far away. Also the floor they use to stand next to the newswall is now not so close to it.

I wonder how the real desk looks like, I hope it's bigger than the old one. Also will they put it where the sports desk is or closer to the newswall???

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttp://img12.imagesh...vd002nx9.th.jpghttp://img13.imagesh...vd001gt3.th.jpghttp://img12.imagesh...vd000yf8.th.jpg

OFF TOPIC: Why is Wolf doing TSR from NY newsroom???

#36 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hmm...it's quite interesting. It's a better use of the space and it sounds like they will use the set in more creative ways with movable desks, a bigger stand-up area, more screens, and a jib camera.

I wonder if/when the London set will be renovated to be like those leaked shots I found. I don't think they would need to renovate it for a while since the London set looks really good right now and it somewhat matches Atlanta's new set while still being unique.

IIRC, this is the first time CNN has gone to FX Group for a new set design. I can say without doubt that this is the first set from FX Group that I like.

#37 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

And one final comparison. I couldn't find too many old shots from this angle so it's obviously not quite te same view.

Old:
Posted Image
New:
Posted Image

#38 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

I like the plasma screens they put up there. Also there's this orange/blue mix of colours in some parts of the set.

#39 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

I like how they used the map of the world for the patern on the walls. :-)

#40 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

I like how they used the map of the world for the patern on the walls. :-)

I think it really, really works well! I am still amazed that they have used pretty much the same foundations and just created this spectacular looking set!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users