Photo

CNN Atlanta

748 replies to this topic

#41 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

I'm a bit scared now that this breaking news on TSR will go on and on which could mean no Ralitsa in the new set. :-( :-?
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#42 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

^^ How cruel would that be?!?

Almost as cruel as CNNI launching a new set and then having us wait another two and a half hours before we got to see it again earlier this day with The Political Mann and then BackStory / World Sport! :-P

#43 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:13 PM

I'm not really into the technical stuff like the rest of you but i like the new set so far. 8-) It looks bigger and colourful. The orange at the top and bottom is a bit out there, though. :|

#44 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

I still like the new SkyNews studio better. There, you have many multi-purpose sets. As I said, it's hard to see any of the CNN Networks beat it.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#45 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

Sky's set can't be compared to any other IMO.
I'm still really blown away by it and I thought CNN would be a letdown after it but I like it and will probably like it even more. They did the best they could with the space and resources they have.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#46 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

I really like it. Although I hope they bring in a bigger desk for World News the one they used for WS looked like it was from a day spa reception.

On the topic of the London set could they not just keep how most things are and put the new blue map thing over the white/blue panels they have already? and then replace the plasma/blocky wall (where the soft set is) (i do love that look) with the map/plasmas/cnn logos like in Atlanta....

Hong Kong needs to pull their current set down, open the curtains and use the skyline as the background and make some smaller presentation points in the studio and around the newsroom based on the Atlanta look.

I'm just happy I won't have to see that temp set any more!

#47 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:03 AM

Ralitsa on the set now, can't see a lot of desk but it looks big and nice, it's got glass like the old one.

They have 3D logo as backrgound (what else) and the main shot looks like the old one really.
They are using that other screen very good though.

#48 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

I'm assuming these are probably the two main shots for World News / CNN Today etc...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:19 AM

You can see how small the newswall looks now cause the desk is so far in front of it.
I wonder will they be able to make wide shots of the set with this new position of the desk.

#50 tvnewsroomnz

tvnewsroomnz

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

Wow, we waited almost 2 months... for this crap.

#51 byron

byron

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:24 AM

It looks like the projection is a lot smaller...
The logo loop looks better now as well.

#52 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

It makes me a bit disappointed to see that the blue logo isn't taken down, especially from the 3 LCD screens and weather isn't done from an actual video screen (meteorologists have to make lives difficult for themselves unlike CNN/US and HLN).

#53 fk13tw

fk13tw

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:02 AM

Michael got his facts wrong: Jonathan's show actually premiered 2 weeks ago; Michael said it premiered today.

he said "starts today" not premiered, like "starts (in this new set) today"

#54 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

Slightly off topic: I'm not sure if the new show to be anchored by Hala will be called "International Desk". For some reason, viewers here in the UK who watch CNNI on Sky have been seeing the title "International Desk" instead of "Your World Today" for the last couple of weeks now. We'll see!
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#55 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

Hmm, not sure what to make of it and the overall theme CNN is trying to achieve here.

It makes me a bit disappointed to see that the blue logo isn't taken down, especially from the 3 LCD screens and weather isn't done from an actual video screen (meteorologists have to make lives difficult for themselves unlike CNN/US and HLN).

I agree. Get rid of that bloody CNN logo. It's dark and depressing and doesn't express an international theme.

#56 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:12 AM

Jonathan should have been clear about that.

Someone mentioned that the desk Terri used resembled a spa receptionist, maybe, to use Quest's other programme, a desk from a "zero-star" hotel. haha

#57 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

You can see how small the newswall looks now cause the desk is so far in front of it.
I wonder will they be able to make wide shots of the set with this new position of the desk.

They now have a jib camera, which is a camera on a long stick that pivots on a fulcrum. A cameraman from Newsroom did a mini-episode of CNN.com All Access showing how he uses a jib camera to make wide shots of the CNN Newsroom. Does anybody know where that clip is, by the way?

#58 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:16 AM

I miss the smaller RPW on the opposite side of the new studio. I would like to see a 2 or more chairs on a platform just like the London studio. What was that blue part to the right of the jibcam in Michael's piece?

#59 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

Today's Political Mann is already on CNN.com:

http://edition.cnn.c...ts.problems.cnn

#60 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:23 AM

Wow! I'm extremely impressed with this update. They now are using their space more adequately! I love the left side of the set with that one other projection screen and those three plasmas. This is great, the color isn't as blue as I thought it would be which is good. Though I still don't like the looping CNN logo, the set itself is beautiful and a huge improvement from what they before.

Now they just need new graphics and openers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users