748 replies to this topic

#741 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:18 PM

Personally, I'd prefer CNNi to go to Washington, D.C. instead since its the capital. Or CNNi could use this as an opportunity to set up a studio somewhere in Latin America to make it more, ya know, international. Plus, does anyone know where CNN en Espanol will go? NY, LA, Miami or even Mexico City?

But Washington D.C. is only the capital of the United States, not the world.

Sorry, I mean I'd like CNN International's base in North America to be in Washington, D.C. (as opposed to NYC) and would much prefer CNNi to be headquartered in London so it would mean; Europe - London, Asia~Pacific - Hong Kong, Middle East - Abu Dhabi, Africa - Lagos/Johannesburg(?), N. America - D.C., S. America - Not sure. If this happened it could mean that CNNi might be able to rival the BBC and Al Jazeera again.

I would love for them to invest more into CNNI it needs it badly. 

One can hope.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#742 Sandy

Sandy

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:33 PM

World Sport seems to come from the Newsroom set quite often lately, or am I mistaken there? I've caught it a couple of times now when it clearly wasn't aired from the World Sport set and I thought it looked like the Newsroom set instead.

Apparently this shuffling prompts them to air CNN Now from the newsroom office on those occasions. I've seen at least Michael Holmes and Jonathan Mann do CNN Now from there, probably also others but those two come to mind right now. And this morning during Newsroom LA I caught World Sport Now with Don Riddell (recorded yesterday just before 6pm as a clock in the back said) from the "office-set".

I wonder what happened to the World Sport set in Atlanta?

"I don't know what the poor dinosaurs have done wrong." John Vause on a meteorite wiping out the dinosaur population being related to karma. Oct 2015

"I'm Jonathan Mann. I'm gonna rush to the next studio, change my tie and bring you a whole new edition of Political Mann." Closing remarks at the end of CNN News Now. Dec 2015

#743 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

World Sport is in the newsroom set lately because their set, shared with HLN, is being renovated.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#744 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

Does that mean CNN Today is shortened as Michael and Amara can't use the studio?

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#745 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:16 AM

I don't think so; they still use the main CNNI studio. I was referring to Studio 7, where World Sport and some HLN programs are done.

#746 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

Is there any more news on this reportedly move of CNNI to London? There was one report and nothing heard since. Maybe it wasn't true?

#747 xlAlonCe

xlAlonCe

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

Hi, guys

I´m new here, so it´s my new post

I noticed on CNNE, during thar rewrapped version of "Nuestro Mundo" that they used the Weather Center in Atlanta. But, if CNNE use that set for a sort-of-light-news show, why CNNI don´t use it?. I ask because the set looks nice

2017-04-27%201_zpszfowodxr.png2017-04-27_zpsxkcutq8z.png

#748 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

New bevel-less screens have been installed around the studio (the five-monitor array, the screen in front of the desk, and the single vertical monitor [third cap, leftmost])

J11IHwf.pngKuH5Iqn.pngR0Lgq3g.png

Edited by MVJR4, 19 June 2017 - 10:38 AM.

#749 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:19 PM

I love the new monitor array on the right hand side of the screen. That looks awesome!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users