134 replies to this topic

#21 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

Aw, I wish I had seen John and Kyra together. Hopefully they'll be on together tonight. I'll probably record it anyway because it's one of the last editions of CNN Tonight.

John is a workaholic! Yesterday morning, he was in New York on AM. Ten hours later he's in Atlanta with Kyra. :surprised:

#22 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

John and Kyra sittin in a tree...

;-)

Kyra and John dating completely slipped my mind when I watched them together. I did think they were a great team (on air) but now I guess part of the reason is because they're a team (off air) as well.

#23 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:42 AM

Well, this is frustrating.

John and Kyra are co-anchoring again tonight, but in New York. I've been recording the whole time, but of course, the recording failed, and all of my recordings are. I hope someone else can get caps at least.

#24 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:03 AM

It's not from the actual show - this is the Situation Room hook.

(click to enlarge)

Just a quick question, why exactly is the show being co-anchored at the moment? John goes to Atlanta to host the show with Kyra, and then Kyra flies to New York to anchor with John. I know they're playing tonsil hockey together, but is it possible that something else at play. Is it a trial for a new-look American Morning in the future?

#25 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

Hmm....that's an interesting observation. Seeing that they're moving Kyra to earlier in the morning, it is possible they may be ultimately planning on swapping Kiran out for Kyra.

I know they're playing tonsil hockey together,

That sounds so juvenile, but I like that. :lol: Thanks for the cap, by the way.

#26 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

Is it a trial for a new-look American Morning in the future?

I was thinking the same thing. CNN US does some strange things, but I'm not sure I can really pick a logical reason for either anchor to fly to another city, only to anchor a show together. I can't imagine CNN bosses going along with this setup to accomodate their relationship, but then again, CNN US does do some strange things.

#27 madaboutpenny

madaboutpenny

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

[quote name="Charles"]Hmm....that's an interesting observation. Seeing that they're moving Kyra to earlier in the morning, it is possible they may be ultimately planning on swapping Kiran out for Kyra.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think they make a pretty good on-air team...

#28 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

Nooo, I love Kiran on AM. Maybe they should move John to CNN Newsroom with Kyra and put someone else with Kiran.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#29 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:48 AM

Is it a trial for a new-look American Morning in the future?

I was thinking the same thing. CNN US does some strange things, but I'm not sure I can really pick a logical reason for either anchor to fly to another city, only to anchor a show together. I can't imagine CNN bosses going along with this setup to accomodate their relationship, but then again, CNN US does do some strange things.

The Domestic anchors seem to fly around and anchor from the other broadcast centers somewhat often. Joe Johns, Carol Costello, and others are often flown into New York to do AM from time to time; Randi Kaye was flown into Atlanta to anchor Newsroom this weekend; etc.

Plus, John and Kiran were together the next morning (Friday) for AM, so we could be reading into this more than we should.

By the way, who did CNN Tonight on Friday?

#30 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:52 AM

I think I saw on her twitter that Soledad O'Brien anchored Friday night's CNN Tonight. I'm not 100% sure though.

#31 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:56 AM

Yeah, you're right. Thanks.
http://twitter.com/S...atus/7534203901

#32 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

This is presumably the last edition of the program. Soledad is the anchor tonight.

#33 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

I would have loved to see CNN Tonight continue in some shape or form. It's a shame they can't run a straight news show at 11pm, acting as a round-up of the day's news. I would definitely watch that! But could it compete with the local news? Anyway, it would be nice to have a live national news show that late at night.

#34 ACAnderFan

ACAnderFan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

I would have loved to see CNN Tonight continue in some shape or form. It's a shame they can't run a straight news show at 11pm, acting as a round-up of the day's news. I would definitely watch that! But could it compete with the local news? Anyway, it would be nice to have a live national news show that late at night.

I would have liked it to continue too. The few times I did see it I really liked it. I liked that it really didn't have a permanent anchor, but had rotating anchors. Nothing against John King as I really like him, but I really don't think another political program is needed.
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm the person I was born to be, if the life I've lived really is the one I was meant to, or if it is some half life, a mutation engineered by loss, cobbled together by the will to survive" ~ Anderson Cooper

#35 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

I agree, I liked the anchor rotation for this interim show. I think CNN Tonight may continue in some form, but looks like Blitzer's taking over the 7pm slot - in fact, CNN Tonight will be integrated as the 3rd hour of SitRoom - at least until the new show premieres.

John King's new show will start sometime in February, which means he'll continue to host State of the Union until then.

"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#36 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:30 AM

Okay, I know it was only a temporary show, but damn, don't I miss the closest thing we've had to a 60 minute newscast in CNN prime for years. I still think something like CNN Tonight would have been the best option, but I would have moved it back to 8pm (not to compete with Fox Report, and to also have a newscast while FNC and MSNBC have their bobble heads on).

#37 jjlucash

jjlucash

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:20 AM

Okay, I know it was only a temporary show, but damn, don't I miss the closest thing we've had to a 60 minute newscast in CNN prime for years. I still think something like CNN Tonight would have been the best option, but I would have moved it back to 8pm (not to compete with Fox Report, and to also have a newscast while FNC and MSNBC have their bobble heads on).

I do miss CNN Tonight.

#38 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

A chance to bring back a newshour like CNN Tonight now that Campbell is leaving?
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#39 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I would kill for this show to come back. It's not only a good show but at 7pm, it's competitor is FOX Report. Overall FOX Report and CNN Tonight both could be described as the general newscast of their respective networks. Since CNN Tonight was only temporary I wouldn't call it the flagship program of the network but at 7pm OR 11pm it'd be good. I don't want OutFront gone though. Maybe that could move to 10pm?

#40 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

I always switch to Fox just to watch the Fox Report most of the time. Erin Burnett is just boring now

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users