62 replies to this topic

#21 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

ABC News 24 had a fantastic launch last night. Everything is better than what I was ever expecting (but I still don't like the zooming flipper). The only downside - even though it is on the ABC's HD channel, it's not actually HD. It's upscaled. Boo! But that's more to do with current government legislation.

A bunch of promos are in the playlist here

These two videos run back to back, but I had to split them into two after my first upload went over the 10 minutes YouTube would allow me, and the video was rejected.

For Lazlo, Juanita's bulletin. She will be hosting the 8pm national news, but did the 10pm bulletin on ABC News 24 last night.

#22 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:44 AM

For Lazlo, Juanita's bulletin. She will be hosting the 8pm national news, but did the 10pm bulletin on ABC News 24 last night.

Thanks muchly! :D

I love the remixed ABC news theme. And the design on the idents with the map and strips moving. I love that the most.

#23 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

Love the music, everything is very nice, I guess the set could be a bit bigger though. Do they use that set for main news on ABC?

Also I read that they show BBC World overnights, is that true?

One last question, is everything single anchored, I read that on Wiki?
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#24 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

The music is awesome and so are the graphics... the set is okay but I prefer studios that are somehow "warmer". It's a little too clean and neat for my taste.

#25 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:01 AM

I wish this was being streamed. :-( I think the Australia ABC used to allow live streams and videos to be viewed outside Australia.

I really love the design of everything too. I wish CNNI had gone with something like this. It really fits a channel like CNNI (the maps and everything).

And thanks for the videos!! I can't wait to see more, as I know we'll see plenty more!? :-)

#26 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

I can't stop watching this promo, if only for the song. Anyone know what it is?

#27 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

I can't stop watching this promo, if only for the song. Anyone know what it is?

The song is called "Sweet Disposition" and here's the YouTube link: ;-)

#28 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:21 AM

Cheers, bro. Great song!

#29 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

Do they use that set for main news on ABC?

No, the states are still using the old sets from the broom cupboard. These two caps are from Hobart, but all the states have the same set - except Melbourne (who use a keyed version of the set after they ran out of studio space!)

(click to enlarge)

The states will be getting new sets to match the new look of 24 later this year, apparently. The old sets look really awkward when The Midday Report is simulcast on ABC News 24. :gross:

Also I read that they show BBC World overnights, is that true?

Yes, two bulletins - 2am and 3am (AEST). I think the first one is 30 minutes of The Hub and the second one is just the normal BBC World News bulletin.

One last question, is everything single anchored, I read that on Wiki?

News Breakfast - which is simulcast on ABC2 - is co-anchored with a sports presenter and weather presenter, but everything else on 24 is done solo. Afternoon Live - 2.5 hour rolling news show has a main anchor and another anchor who does quick headlines and web top stories, but I probably wouldn't call him a co-host. He does sometimes present a story - a bit like Sasha on World Report London.

#30 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

Thok, ABC News 24 will be streaming globally this Saturday evening (election night). Full details are here for you.

#31 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:21 AM

Thanks for the update. Since this will air in my morning and afternoon, it'll be a good chance for me to check it out.

#32 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

I forgot to mention last week that they have started tweaking things. The logo is now translucent.

Attached File  ABC24-Watermark.jpg   40.86KB   8 downloads

#33 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:05 AM

ABC News 24 (i guess) has somewhat opened up their stream for International Audiences, but why is it there's a Nine News Canberra testcard?
Attached File  abcnews24stream.jpg   181.98KB   7 downloads

Edited by theBlockerPH, 21 August 2010 - 01:06 AM.

#34 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:17 AM

They only just finished taking a press conference on Aussie troops killed in Afghanistan. I think Nine provided the pool vision. Not sure why they switched to raw vision of the conference on the webstream though - considering ABCN24 was taking the conference live. :hypnotized:

#35 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

now, they had a testcard from TEN... with "TEN PARLI" written.
Does ABC really had such access to all news organizations?

:shock:

#36 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:28 AM

Does ABC really had such access to all news organizations?

:shock:

Yes, they access feeds of the other networks here. Whether they should or are supposed to is another matter. The ABC was caught out lifting raw studio footage from SKY NEWS Australia of all places a little while back. :surprised:

#37 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

yeah... ABC News 24 stream is open!

:yummy:

#38 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

ABC News 24 is doing a special simulcast on Australia Network...
i don't know if Australia Network people are lazy or something, but they are also airing News 24 commercials!

i'm watching Insiders right now.

Attached File  TV_70_20100822_065730 007_0001.jpg   18.36KB   1 downloadsAttached File  TV_70_20100822_065730 004_0001.jpg   19.4KB   3 downloadsAttached File  TV_70_20100822_065730 006_0001.jpg   35.04KB   3 downloads

it will run from 06am to 11am HK.

Edited by theBlockerPH, 21 August 2010 - 11:23 PM.

#39 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

I've been turning a blind eye to the little mistakes that have been with News 24 from launch, but mistakes like the incident below occur every day. Some days are better than others, but I think we're getting to the point where the honeymoon period is over and questions have to be asked as to why and how these things are still happening with a high rate of frequency. I don't expect these types of mistakes to be eliminated anytime soon though, as I've read that there's usually just one person in the control room most of the time.

Edited by Morpium, 08 September 2010 - 07:44 AM.

#40 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:08 AM

Below is the theme for ABC News 24. I managed to edit it together from a couple of different tracks. There's an audible handclap or some sound at 19 seconds that I've not been able to remove - and it is driving me crazy.

Right click to save

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users