62 replies to this topic

#41 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

Ooo sexy music. Thanks very much. I didn't really notice the noise you mentioned though! :-)

Is the normal ABC News music much different? Do we have a track of that as well?
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#42 fox2

fox2

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

Nowhere near as good...

#43 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:17 AM

That's a shame. I'm surprised they didn't use the same music for their news channel and normal news bulletins. :shock:

#44 cityprod

cityprod

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

ABC News 24 currently streaming the Queensland Floods News Conference overseas. Wishing that we could see more of this channel from outside Australia.

#45 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

ABC News 24 currently streaming the Queensland Floods News Conference overseas. Wishing that we could see more of this channel from outside Australia.

Australia Network is also simulcasting ABC News 24 for the whole day today, until the end of ABC News Breakfast tomorrow.

#46 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

ABC is also currently simulcasting on BBC World News.

Edit: The simulcast lasted for 30 minutes from 0930 GMT until 1000 GMT.

Edited by Leeroy, 12 January 2011 - 10:01 AM.

#47 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Attached File  abcQLDfloods.jpg   188.78KB   15 downloads
ok, why is it the Acting Opposition Leader being the Umbrella holder. :rolleyes:

#48 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

ok, why is it the Acting Opposition Leader being the Umbrella holder. :rolleyes:

I think most people like myself would agree - it's the one job she's fully qualified for. :Hot:

#49 cityprod

cityprod

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

Having seen the channel in action for a bit, I do find it a little strange that the Midday Report is done from the regional studio. rather than the ABC News 24 studio, but the graphics do work very well, and I'm impressed with the studio set, looks very good, presentation has been well thought out, really like the way it works together so well. Overall, very impressed.

#50 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:05 AM

[quote name='cityprod' timestamp='1294833295' post='49004']
Having seen the channel in action for a bit, I do find it a little strange that the Midday Report is done from the regional studio. rather than the ABC News 24 studio, but the graphics do work very well, and I'm impressed with the studio set, looks very good, presentation has been well thought out, really like the way it works together so well. Overall, very impressed.
[/quoteï¼½

I believe that the studio you're talking about, the one also used for NSW's 7pm ABC1 bulletin, serves as a kind of 'National' ABC1 news studio pre-News 24 (and to this day presumably)

Also it gives the screen (Barco?) and LED lighting in the News 24 studio a break.
previosuly kev

#51 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:41 AM

The ABC are lifting their geo block tomorrow as they prepare to cover for Cyclone coverage.

International viewers will be able to watch the #abcnews24 stream from 1300AEDT tomorrow http://bit.ly/abcnews24 #yasi #tcyasi

http://twitter.com/abcnews/status/32294521010126848

#52 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

Does anyone know when 1300 AEDT is in GMT?

#53 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

Does anyone know when 1300 AEDT is in GMT?

0200 GMT
previosuly kev

#54 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:11 AM

Watching the live stream now!

Attached File  ABCnews24.jpg   55.62KB   7 downloads

#55 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Just after the 5pm MNL Australia Network News, Australia Network is now simulcast with ABC News 24...
but it seems that AN is using the ABC News 24 clean feed.

Attached File  an-clean.jpg   140.72KB   9 downloads

#56 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

This isn't specifically ABC News 24, but it's close. Three caps from the ABC coverage tonight of the NSW state election. Since there's no official tallyroom in NSW, the ABC broadcast from Studio 22 from the ABC Centre. You can see the studio doors in the first cap - they opened them up so you can see part of the foyer of ABC Centre in the background. You can just make out the ABC News 24 studio to the right of Kerry O'Brien (in caps 2 & 3).

The set does look a little unfinished to me, but it does what it's supposed to do for the one night it's being used. I have to give props to the ABC as they tried something different with their presentation. As anyone who has watched the ABC over the years would know, they're not exactly one for trying out new things - until recently, I might add. I'd love to see a regular ABC News 24 program broadcast from the foyer as it's got quite a nice setup. I'm not sure it would be suitable for a hard news show, but they could definitely whack a desk out there with a couple of plasma screens and do "The Drum" from outside there each weeknight. They wouldn't be able to use the studio section as that is used for other ABC productions usually.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#57 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

Looks very nice. I wish ABC N24 was able to stream all the time though. :(

#58 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

Very sad news for the ABC this morning.

Tributes are coming in for three veteran ABC newsmen who are believed to have been killed in a helicopter crash in remote South Australia.

Journalist Paul Lockyer, pilot Gary Ticehurst, and cameraman John Bean are feared dead after their chopper apparently crashed near Lake Eyre yesterday evening.

The experienced news crew had been working on news and feature projects in the Lake Eyre region and it is believed their Sydney-based helicopter went down in a remote area about 150 kilometres north-west of Marree about 7:30pm.

This morning police confirmed that three people had been found dead at the scene of the crash. They said the names of those who had died may not be officially released until later in the day.

I had the wonderful opportunity to tail Paul Lockyer for a week a few years ago as part of an assignment. It was an incredible experience and a week I will never ever forget. I thought he was an outstanding journlist and can only imagine how those who actually had the pleasure of working beside him are feeling today, let alone his family - as well as family and friends of the other two ABC staffers who died.

#59 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:45 AM

Very sad news for the ABC this morning.

Tributes are coming in for three veteran ABC newsmen who are believed to have been killed in a helicopter crash in remote South Australia.

Journalist Paul Lockyer, pilot Gary Ticehurst, and cameraman John Bean are feared dead after their chopper apparently crashed near Lake Eyre yesterday evening.

The experienced news crew had been working on news and feature projects in the Lake Eyre region and it is believed their Sydney-based helicopter went down in a remote area about 150 kilometres north-west of Marree about 7:30pm.

This morning police confirmed that three people had been found dead at the scene of the crash. They said the names of those who had died may not be officially released until later in the day.

I had the wonderful opportunity to tail Paul Lockyer for a week a few years ago as part of an assignment. It was an incredible experience and a week I will never ever forget. I thought he was an outstanding journlist and can only imagine how those who actually had the pleasure of working beside him are feeling today, let alone his family - as well as family and friends of the other two ABC staffers who died.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you have met Paul Lockyer in person. I'm sure he was a nice guy. My prayers to the families of the three men. :( :cry: :-(
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#60 Wilma

Wilma

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

The news even reached the backwaters or Libya.....

Terrible to hear of the loss of mate and terrific journo Paul Lockyer today. Condolences @abcnews and families of paul, gary and john

http://twitter.com/#!/holmescnn/status/104372448815878145

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users