chrislognshot

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

ops someone has huge problem on there hands

http://newsbusters.o...lifting-ddt-ban

Don't be too surprised to soon see CNN's Wolf Blitzer go from merely rubbing his beard to violently scratching his entire body. And please, Anderson Cooper, do try to refrain from incessantly touching yourself on camera. However, perhaps they can be forgiven. You see, according to TV Newser, CNN/Time Warner has a bed bug infestation and has sent out the following internal e-mail:

August 13, 2010
To: TBS, Inc. Employees

The Time Warner Center Facilities Department advises that bed bugs have been detected in Time Warner Center. This determination was made after testing was conducted on several floors of the building. In response, Time Warner Facilities is working with pest control providers to address the issue in an environmentally safe manner, and during non-working hours...

Unfortunately for CNN, the EPA has banned since 1972 the only insecticide really effective in combating bed bugs: DDT. And like good liberals, I am sure that CNN and most of the mainstream media fully supports that ban...until now. Therefore it will be interesting to see how long before CNN and other media outlets whose personnel are affected by the growing bed bug problem in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and other urban areas plead for at least a temporary lifting of the DDT ban. It will be a case of liberal idealism vs. personal comfort. Should you think this bed bug concern is trivial then check out the posts on this agricultural forum where people are begging to buy DDT despite the ban in the USA:

I need to buy DDT for AWEFUL bed bug infestation. I have tried many many other things and nothing seems to work! Please help!

I have an infestation in the entire house of rental property and need to treat the house. tenants will be moved out soon

I need to buy DDT to counter a bedbug problem. I will contain and dispose of properly to reduce or eliminate environmental impact.

I need ddt for bed bug control. I Have tried everything else, please helpme out with this aweful problem!

NEED DDT FAST!!!!!! Brought home bed bugs from a camping trip and need a new solution. NOTHING ELSE WORKING

Come on, Rick Sanchez. Confess! Did you post one of those pleas?

In any event, it will be interesting to see how much more time elapses before CNN and/or other news outlets develop a "strange new respect" for DDT. Perhaps they are holding back now but eventually the bed bug itching will override their liberalism.

Meanwhile, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

UPDATE: Bootleg DDT?

—P.J. Gladnick is a freelance writer and creator of the DUmmie FUnnies blog.

Coming soon: A brand-new NewsBusters design. But we need your help!

#2 Thok

Thok

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:47 AM

http://cnnfan.org/in...dpost__p__43394

#3 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

I was planning a trip to New York in a couple of weeks and was looking forward to visiting CNN New York, but apparently they did away with their tours a while back. :-(

#4 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

http://www.mediabist...-to-nyc_b225818

Brooke Baldwin and Carol Costello are moving their shows to New York in August. CNN Center will no longer have any anchored shows on the weekday schedule. The TVNewser article points out that Don Lemon's weekend show, Legal View, Wolf and other shows have production teams in Atlanta, but their anchors are in other locations.

CNN claims Atlanta will remain an important part of their production, and this move was made to accommodate guests but I mean really? I like that almost all anchors are in New York, but the reason has to be something more

#5 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Wow, that's quite a change, CNN Center will not be seen on air anymore on weekdays in the US.

Surely now they will give CNNI that big Atlanta set. Maybe that's why it's current set has gone all blue,with that domestic blue background and minimal camera shots???

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#6 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

Despite how ridiculous of a move if would be, I think they might give the big set to HLN. They have a slew of stupid shows planned, and there set is far older than the current CNN International one.

Maybe this is the reason for all the CNN International re-locations, more shows will come from Atlanta on the big set? I'm optimistic that's the case.

As for CNN U.S., with Carol and Brooke in New York starting in August, I would imagine some sort of New York set change will be made. That Communications Center is terrible. The CNNMoney newsroom set is even worse. I'm not asking for anything fancy.

But I can't imagine almost all of the daily programming coming from a rotation of three or four terrible sets

#7 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

I hope CNN I gets to use it alot ,( especially if they add more news ) the only HLN shows I think should use it is Morning Express and Weekend Express and if they have any other news shows ... 

Shame to see less of studio 7 , that is my favorite CNN studio 

Edited by sky303, 22 May 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#8 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Maybe CNNi can fully use Studio 7 during the overnight hours.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#9 Lance

Lance

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Wow that is quite a change from before. It looks like CNN is making New York the primary broadcast headquarters with DC and Atlanta as secondary. Going along with general consensus here, I also hope CNN International gets use out of the studio because Studio 7 would become a massive waste of money. It would be absolutely stupid to use the studio for only Weekend New Day and Fredrika's block of Newsroom. (Don Lemon is still in NY, right?)

#10 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

Wow that is quite a change from before. It looks like CNN is making New York the primary broadcast headquarters with DC and Atlanta as secondary. Going along with general consensus here, I also hope CNN International gets use out of the studio because Studio 7 would become a massive waste of money. It would be absolutely stupid to use the studio for only Weekend New Day and Fredrika's block of Newsroom. (Don Lemon is still in NY, right?)

Don Lemon moved to New York almost two years ago to become one of the more prominent faces on the network. Only Atlanta anchors remaining will be Christi, Victor & Fredricka. I expect New Day weekend to move to New York if the 'experiment' of moving Brooke and Carol up there works out. Then Fred's block (maybe not with Fred as anchor) will probably make the move as well

#11 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

Not sure where to post this, but here is a great site following the development of 30 Hudson Yards where CNN are planning to move:

http://www.skyscrape...549787&page=262

I wonder if they will have any studios with windows overlooking NYC?

#12 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

No ones interested in CNN's new building?

#13 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

I am, I think its just quite difficult for people to imagine what it may look like before any artists impressions are released. As for the studios with windows they might need to apply some sort of blind or filter to the windows if they want the space to be able to be used whenever otherwise I'd assume that it may be too dark/bright depending of the time of day. A sunrise behind Early Start or New Day would be quite nice though. Hopefully CNNMoney get their own space that won't be invaded by Carol, Ashleigh or Brooke. Do we know how many floors they are occupying and whereabouts?

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#14 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:20 PM

I am, I think its just quite difficult for people to imagine what it may look like before any artists impressions are released. As for the studios with windows they might need to apply some sort of blind or filter to the windows if they want the space to be able to be used whenever otherwise I'd assume that it may be too dark/bright depending of the time of day. A sunrise behind Early Start or New Day would be quite nice though. Hopefully CNNMoney get their own space that won't be invaded by Carol, Ashleigh or Brooke. Do we know how many floors they are occupying and whereabouts?

http://www.hudsonyar...30-hudson-yards

Quite a few floors (roughly 25) according to this, but then again it's under Time Warner. How much space does CNN occupy in the current Time Warner building at CC?

It's interesting to note in that drawing that there appears to be 6 large double height spaces. It would be safe to presume some of those will be studios.

Edited by Jordy, 04 August 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#15 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

That's quite a lot of space, more than I thought they would have. However, from the plans it looks like that there is no studios with windows, if I am understanding them properly. Then again, a desk or just a chair, lights and camera in the newsroom and you have another position, maybe even with a window in the background.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#16 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:35 PM

That's quite a lot of space, more than I thought they would have. However, from the plans it looks like that there is no studios with windows, if I am understanding them properly. Then again, a desk or just a chair, lights and camera in the newsroom and you have another position, maybe even with a window in the background.

I hope Maggie Lakes get's to take her set - I mean TV with her. :D :D

#17 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:54 AM

Those presumed studio plans have me believing CNN International, HLN and CNN en Espanol will probably maintain studios, if not primary studios at the new Hudson Yards facility. 

#18 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

Those presumed studio plans have me believing CNN International, HLN and CNN en Espanol will probably maintain studios, if not primary studios at the new Hudson Yards facility. 

I've found a similar image since, and those double height spaces in that is 4 instead of 6.

#19 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:47 PM

I've found a similar image since, and those double height spaces in that is 4 instead of 6.

In that case, I'm hopeful on is used as a multi-purpose location (CNN Town Hall, The CNN Quiz Show, etc), one used for New Day and some other shows, and then one used as the main CNN U.S. Studio, and the other shared by CNN International and HLN for their select New York shows like Quest Means Business and Erica Hill.

#20 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:50 PM

In that case, I'm hopeful on is used as a multi-purpose location (CNN Town Hall, The CNN Quiz Show, etc), one used for New Day and some other shows, and then one used as the main CNN U.S. Studio, and the other shared by CNN International and HLN for their select New York shows like Quest Means Business and Erica Hill.

I was thinking for a studio like their town halls and non news shows, and therefore larger studio, it would make more sense for it to be below ground, (in the literal sense :D) but it's not an option seeing as their building is built on top of a rail platform. :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users