198 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:08 AM

Weekday news programme hosted by Wolf Blitzer.

#2 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

Today, August 9th, 2007. Miles O'Brien had hosted the programme.

#3 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

August 14th, Suzanne Malveaux had hosted in for Wolf

#4 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

There was recently a commercial that showed The Situation Room being 3 hours long now. Starting Monday, The Situation Room will be running from 1600 EST until 1900 EST. Too much political news for me, I would prefer to see an extention of Newsroom.

#5 CNN Viewer

CNN Viewer

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

Well TSR is supposed to have a balance of news, maybe they will theme each hour more clearly. I'm just glad they didn't have it broken up with LDT, 2 hours then 1. A single block works best IMO.
CNN, The World News Leader.

#6 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

I'm actually glad to see that TSR will be aired in one 3 hour hit now. It just seemed like a really silly idea by splitting the show into 2 different time slots.

I think the CNN US schedule won't look so disjointed now (at least for those few hours between 4p - 8p weekdays).

#7 CNN Viewer

CNN Viewer

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:49 AM

I too am happy they went to a uniform 3-hour block.

One thing though---recently they upgraded their graphics package to have graphics spanning two or more 'panels' on the videowall. It's funny because the panel lines now go through the graphics at odd angles rather than bordering or bisecting them.
CNN, The World News Leader.

#8 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

Unwelcome development apparently TSR will now be shown on CNN international instead of the first hour of CNN Today HK. I can't stand Wolf Blitzer or his organ grinder who reads the e.mails. Any man who looks as if he spends an hour and a half getting ready and possesses no sense of humour can never be welcome on my tv screen.

Clearly the response to Al Jazeeran english language and BBC World and France 24 is to further americanize CNN international.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

CNNI should finally get rid of this show. Cafferty might be great for US viewers who probably like opinionated commentators. But around the world people find journalist like him disconcerting... I'm not at all a friend of the Chinese regime but I totally understand that the Chinese are outraged and offended by his comments...

http://edition.cnn.c... ... index.html

#10 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

I am not an American but I mostly enjoy Cafferty's participation in the program. However, I do not agree with what he said about the Chinese. That really was out of line and Cafferty should appologise for it.

#11 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:10 AM

While I think the show doesn't have too much journalistic value and is too US-centric, I admit that I respect their production. It takes two control rooms to run that program (one for the broadcast, and one for the video wall itself), and it's a great way of presenting information. They just don't really have any valuable information to present.

#12 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

While I think the show doesn't have too much journalistic value and is too US-centric, I admit that I respect their production. It takes two control rooms to run that program (one for the broadcast, and one for the video wall itself), and it's a great way of presenting information. They just don't really have any valuable information to present.

I couldn't've said it better myself. If they used TSR for something more realistic, like actually reporting news, not politics, it would be probably a replacement candidate to Newsroom. If only...

#13 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

This was read on the program today by Jack Cafferty -

Elaine in Lahmansville, West Virginia writes:
Jack, Let me see if I understand this. Russia is attacking another country right now but were worried about John and his zipper? What a world!

Hear hear!

#14 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

Tony Blair will be on today!!

#15 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:35 AM

CNNI should finally get rid of this show. Cafferty might be great for US viewers who probably like opinionated commentators. But around the world people find journalist like him disconcerting... I'm not at all a friend of the Chinese regime but I totally understand that the Chinese are outraged and offended by his comments...

http://edition.cnn.c... ... index.html

No,no,no no,no!!! :evil: :evil: Please CNNI should never get rid of this show,on the contrary-PLEASE GIVE US THE FULL 3 HOURS(but only because its the only way to get a glimps of the still much loved and adored Zain Verjee)And Jack Cafferty is great,too and I think he was quite right with his comments on China we in Germany also got the toys with the lead paint and the tainted cat food(Ive got 2 adorable cats and 2 adorable nieces myself and I tell you it made us all angry
and nervous.And I know many people who felt the same and they were not Americans.Jack only dared to speak the truth where nobody else had the guts to

#16 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:http://www.allthingscnn.com/

I hope they will air it on CNNI as well

#17 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

^^^

That is actually quite nice. Both CNNUS and CNNI are too boring for me to turn in on the weekends.

#18 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

I wonder if that is the same as this-

Late Edition Live

This fast-paced program combines interviews and call-ins with influential newsmakers, a roundtable discussion among journalists and the latest on the weekend's breaking news. LATE EDITION WITH WOLF BLITZER offers a new twist to the popular talk show by giving viewers a chance to call in and talk to the people who shape world events. It's a forum where issues, vital and important to Americans, can be addressed with the leaders who can make changes happen.

Looks to start the 14th. (More Americanization!)

http://www.cnnasiapa...s/en/program/2/

#19 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:17 AM

CNN/I normally airs programmes from CNN/US that air there on Saturdays at 1800 ET.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#20 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

Did TSR come from CNN Centre yesterday? If so, they should have used the CNN/I studio as it was free during the 2nd and 3rd hour.
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users