198 replies to this topic

#41 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

I was watching The Situation Room on CNNI last night and at the end the presenter (Suzanne) said to watch The Situation Room Saturday Edition. However the schedule on the CNN US website doesn't show such a programme. Mistake somewhere? :-?

#42 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:37 AM

No, there is one. It airs Saturdays at 6 PM EDT for one hour, and it's not much more than just a replay of segments throughout the week. None of it is live.

I would assume it would run tomorrow, unless if they decided to not do it this week since Wolf wasn't there. Speaking of which, it was nice having Suzanne on all this week. I was able to watch more than five minutes at a time.

#43 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

Thanks. Is it the same as 'The Best of the Situation Room' that CNNI shows on Sundays?

#44 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

^^^

It could very well be the same show. I don't even bother to turn on CNNI on the weekends anymore, so I haven't seen that on there.

#45 chrislognshot

chrislognshot

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:12 AM

To let people know that Monday and Tuesday is the time Betty Nguyen does news updates Also Fredricka Whitfield does the Thursday and Friday updates. As for Wednesday nobody know who is on it for the updates around 20min mark of each hour. hope this clears up news who doing what for updates on this show.

#46 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

^^^

Doesn't Brianna do updates from DC, too?

Suzanne is presenting SitRoom from New York this afternoon. It looks great. I almost wish we had an afternoon show based in NYC, just for the set.

#47 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

^^ I like Suzanne and try to watch whe she is hosting. I remember when she first started hosting and was perhaps a little wooden. I can't say that now.

Also, the format for this hour that is simulcast on CNNI has changed from when I last really paid attention to it. The content is still nothing that really appeals to an international audience, but for what it is, I don't mind the way that last hour plays out. Are the other two hours the same as well?

And, yes - it looks fab coming from New York. If one didn't know better, you'd be forgiven for thinking that the program was created with that New York set in mind.

#48 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

I can't tell much of a difference between each hour. Cafferty does his segment each hour, but the question is different each hour. The start of the first hour focuses on the economy since the markets close then. The third hour seems to have a panel discussion usually. Zain used to read headlines (called "Incoming") every hour, but now, the segment is done by Betty Nguyen or Fredricka Whitfield from Atlanta, or Brianna Keiliar from DC. The third hour always seems to end with a Moost Unusual report. Other than that, it all seems to be the same, with Wolf focusing on the biggest national news.

It's not a bad show all the time. My new nickname for it is probably a little harsh. I just can't really deal with more than an hour of it a day. If I wasn't an American, I probably wouldn't like the show. I also get a very, very strange feeling waking up to it when I'm in Hong Kong or Singapore. I don't know how you wake up to it, Morpium.

If I had to pick one daily show to simulcast on CNNI, I would pick Campbell Brown since her show has slightly more world news than the others.

EDIT: I was reading the first page of this thread, and I laughed so hard when I read this post from Spitty:

I can't stand Wolf Blitzer or his organ grinder who reads the e.mails. Any man who looks as if he spends an hour and a half getting ready and possesses no sense of humour can never be welcome on my tv screen.

#49 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:03 PM

I love it when the Situation Room uses the New York set. That video wall is absolutely perfect for it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 kauefranqueirafan

kauefranqueirafan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

Situation Room in HD today.

Attached Files

#51 kauefranqueirafan

kauefranqueirafan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Situation Room:

Attached Files

#52 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

Just as a heads up for the international viewers (and Suzanne fans), Suzanne is doing the show today.

#53 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

I'm in no way a Republican, but come on! Did anyone see CNN fact-checking the SNL skit of Obama? It was on The Situation Room on Monday. I've read on the web how people are making fun of the whole thing, and so they should. I don't think CNN should start fact-checking comedy sketches. I can't remember any such instances for Palin, Bush or even any Democrats in the past. The text in the graphics they used showed how they took the whole thing way to serious. They even had a best political team roundtable. :roll:

Very silly move to air something like this, not only because it's stupid in the first place, but it only gives fuel to GOP and the whole anti liberal media mob.
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#54 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

Here's a story from TV Newser on this.

CNN is receiving criticism, of many different kinds from many different places, for a segment Monday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer." The segment "fact-checked" a Saturday Night Live sketch.

#55 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:35 AM

Didn't see it on ShitRoom, but I was half-paying attention to Larry King, and I saw that he was discussing the SNL skit. I suppose when you have three hours to fill like on ShitRoom, you can concoct some pretty silly ideas to fill that time.

#56 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:39 AM

^ Shitroom? C'om, the show isn't that bad. It's better than the political pundits on Fox and MSNBC.

#57 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

I know, I actually like ShitRoom. I just came up with that nickname a few months ago and thought it was funny, so I've stuck with it. :D

#58 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:49 AM

They could work this show into two hours and replay Amanpour and World One.

Wishful thinking though.

#59 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:05 AM

Even another hour of Newsroom (as long as it's not another hour of Rick) would be an improvement. I really don't mind SitRoom, but three hours is too much. Nobody could watch that show from start to finish without getting a headache.

Still, I think there are worse hours on CNN we should campaign against before we campaign against getting rid of an hour of SitRoom.

#60 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

Wow that was one stupid report by CNN. Now they have a problem with a comedy show making fun of Obama??? :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: Of course when they made fun of Palin it was hilarious, genius work by one and only Tina Fey and they showed them all the time. :roll:

Also what's with an entertainment Hollywood reporter doing a report on this, says it all really.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users