417 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

Weeknight news programme hosted by Anderson Cooper. Also simulcast for one hour on CNN International.

#2 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

.:Source: Turner Press
.:Link: Click here for full article

Anderson Cooper 360 Video Podcast Launches on CNN.com

Extending its reach to millions of on-the-go news junkies and portable video player enthusiasts, “Anderson Cooper 360º Daily” launched today on CNN.com. The daily video podcast, available by 5 a.m. (ET) on the morning following the broadcast, highlights the top segments from the prior evening’s program.

The 20-minute “Anderson Cooper 360º Daily” includes an introduction from anchor Anderson Cooper original to the podcast, in-depth reports from multiple angles on the top news stories of the day and a selection of the program’s top segments such as “Keeping Them Honest,” investigative pieces focused on challenging authority, acknowledging whistleblowers and exposing corruption, “The Shot,” highlighting amazing video or a fantastic picture and the story behind it; and “Raw Politics,” off-the-beaten path political headlines that fuel watercooler chatter.

#3 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:40 AM

The full two hours of AC 360 has been broadcast on CNNI this week. I wonder if it is a permanent change?

#4 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:13 AM

Yes, it is 2 hrs, Morpium. Although I thought it was just for the publicity of his book, i really enjoyed his program today on "Dispatches from the Edge", It was really commendable.

#5 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:50 AM

.:Source: Turner Info

Anderson Cooper 360° Takes 24-Hour Look at Chicago after Student Slayings.

An unfathomable 27 public school students in Chicago were killed during this past school year – 20 shot, seven stabbed or suffocated. Despite these alarming statistics, this streak of youth violence has received little attention outside of the city. Arne Duncan, the CEO of Chicago Public Schools, claims that if the deaths had occurred in a white suburb, the outcry would be deafening, but, because it was inner-city violence, it has been ignored.

Anderson Cooper and correspondents David Mattingly, Keith Oppenheim and Gary Tuchman will examine what has led to this pattern of violence and try to shed light on who should be held accountable. The one-hour special, “24 Hours in Chicago,” recreates for its viewers a 24-hour stretch of time before one victim, Blair Holt, lost his life.

The program airs during the first hour of Anderson Cooper 360° at 10pm on Thursday, May 31.

#6 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:47 PM

It all happened while I slept but I would be interested to know how much personality journalist Anderson Cooper devoted to that horrific Sao Paulo aircrash. 30 seconds or 3 minutes. :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#7 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:05 AM

I flipped over to see if CNN thought it was a newsworthy enough event to put on Int'l instead of the rerun of Coooper that runs an hour after the show was just on - but it was obviously not very important. Coooper gave it about 3 or 4 minutes and then went on to cover riveting news like the hot air coming out of Washington etc. Absolutely critical stuff to rerun.

#8 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

.:Source: Variety (Via ICN)

Anderson Cooper 360 looks set to be cut from two hours to one.

Anderson Cooper is about to do a 180.

CNN is permanently shifting to taped programming for the second hour of "Anderson Cooper 360," scaling back an ambitious programming block created in 2005 to showcase the studio and field-reporting talents of Cooper, who it viewed as an emerging star.

CNN launched Cooper in the two-hour live block starting at 10 p.m. ET in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina two years ago, placing him alongside Aaron Brown, whose "NewsNight" had been extended an additional hour to report on the disaster.

But CNN soon benched Brown and made the two-hour block permanent, with Cooper at the helm, and promoted the anchor's blend of reporting with personality that became his signature.

CNN's cable news competitors air taped programming at 11 p.m. ET, a cheaper proposition, and the second hour of "360" runs second in the ratings to a rerun of "The O'Reilly Factor" on Fox News Channel.

Cooper averaged 747,000 viewers in his second hour in August, less than O'Reilly's 965,000 and a steep drop from the 1.1 million he averaged during the first hour, according to Nielsen.

Sources at competing networks have long speculated that CNN would cancel the second hour and revert to tape at 11 p.m.

#9 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

I had noticed the same thing. For the past month or so, AC360's second hour was the same repetition of the first. And CNNI carries the same thing for 2hrs, what a shame.

#10 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

Can't they do some actual news in the evening? I can't understand a news channel with whole night of replays.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#11 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

I'm sure it would draw the same (if not larger) audience, and not cost anything at all, if they simulcast CNNI overnight, at least for a few hours. Surely hardly anyone watches these reruns - they would watch/tape them when they were first on if they really wanted to see them. Sadly for people in the US, I don't think this will ever happen. :( :( :(

#12 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

.:Source: Broadcasting & Cable

Here's an update to the earlier report that 360 would be cut back to one hour.

There is no downsizing in Anderson Cooper’s future: A CNN spokesperson stressed that Anderson Cooper 360 will remain a two-hour program for the foreseeable future. (It airs from 10 p.m.-midnight.) About two months ago, the show, which originates from CNN’s New York studios, switched to a mostly taped format for the bulk of the second hour.

Anderson Cooper 360 posted strong numbers with this format for the month of August, which was marked by big national news stories including the Minnesota bridge collapse and the Utah mine tragedy.

Cooper still opens the 11 p.m. hour with 10-15 minutes of live content, but then the show reverts to taped pieces. Of course, Cooper will remain live when breaking news warrants, CNN said.

#13 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:22 AM

.:Source: Broadcasting & Cable

Here's an update to the earlier report that 360 would be cut back to one hour.

There is no downsizing in Anderson Cooper’s future: A CNN spokesperson stressed that Anderson Cooper 360 will remain a two-hour program for the foreseeable future. (It airs from 10 p.m.-midnight.) About two months ago, the show, which originates from CNN’s New York studios, switched to a mostly taped format for the bulk of the second hour.

Anderson Cooper 360 posted strong numbers with this format for the month of August, which was marked by big national news stories including the Minnesota bridge collapse and the Utah mine tragedy.

Cooper still opens the 11 p.m. hour with 10-15 minutes of live content, but then the show reverts to taped pieces. Of course, Cooper will remain live when breaking news warrants, CNN said.

\

Mostly taped is an understatement. He works for like an hour a day!

#14 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:25 AM

^ i agree...
he works for maximum of 2 hours, they you will just gonna see him somewhere unknown...

what is this?
Where in the World is Anderson Cooper?

#15 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:57 AM

^ i agree...
he works for maximum of 2 hours, they you will just gonna see him somewhere unknown...

what is this?
Where in the World is Anderson Cooper?

As much as that would be fun, Carmen Sandiego totally fufilled that role two decades ago. Hehe!

#16 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:52 AM

Posted Image

CNNi to CNN U.S
That seems to be a clean entry into AC on CNNI. Usually they have a dodgy loop of 4 seconds of that theme.

#17 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

CNN International always do that if they start too early.
but this is the first time that i see the whole intro.
it's always being cut...

i wish CNN/US do that but it's all transitions from one anchor to another one.

----------

maybe they are transferring the feed from Hong-Kong to Altanta...

#18 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:50 PM

Mr. Coooper, we're not "The Longhorn State". It's "The Lone Star State." Duh.

#19 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

Have you seen this video of spoof of "Single Ladies" by Beyonce featuring an Obama impersonator?

The floor crew of AC360 have done their own version. They aired it on CNN last night. Click here to watch the AC360 crew! It's funny!

#20 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

I have to admit to laughing out loud when I saw the crew dancing. One of the best floorcrew Fridays!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users