417 replies to this topic

#21 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:35 AM

Christiane Amanpour will be hosting AC360 tonight!

#22 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:42 AM

Wow - I'm looking forward to this! Maybe getting practice with a studio environment for her new show?

#23 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Die hard AC fans will hate me but I thought last night's show with Christiane was FANTASTIC! Shame Christiane was only on for one night.

#24 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

I agree. The way she poses questions and carries and interview blows AC out of the water. I'm really looking forward to her own show, for she deserves it.

#25 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

Kay Jones, a producer on CNN's Anderson Cooper's "AC360," recently blogged on the show's website that she "deserve[s] the month of May off." Well, she might as well take it because Cooper's fan base is doing just that already.

Cooper's ratings have been in a sharp decline all year, and so far the month of May is no exception. According to Nielsen, the audience for the 10-11 p.m. hour of his show so far this month is 933,000 viewers. This is the first time he's fallen below the one-million mark since the dog days of last August. Anderson is losing almost 20% of his lead-in from Larry King and is in danger of being passed in the ratings by MSNBC's 10 p.m. repeat of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann." Since the start of 2009, Cooper has lost one-third of his audience.

CNN has invested heavily into marketing Cooper as the face of the network. The hype has never really translated into commercial success, and now that MSNBC is suddenly competitive, CNN finds itself being flanked on the right and the left.

-- Joe Flint

And TV Newser has reaction from CNN:

CNN is fuming about this LATimes story on Anderson Cooper's ratings, specifically the line about how Cooper, "is in danger of being passed in the ratings by MSNBC's 10 p.m. repeat of 'Countdown with Keith Olbermann.'"

Not quite.

So far this month (excluding April 29 - the night of Pres. Obama's news conference), the Countdown re-air has beaten AC360 just one day in Total Viewers - May 1 (717K v 683K). In April, Cooper had a 47% Total Viewer lead over the Countdown re-air. We're also only nine weekdays into a 25-day ratings period.

Cooper did have his least-watched show of 2009 last Friday with 622,000 Total Viewers, but still 22% ahead of Countdown's 508,000 (blame Capt. Kirk and his bunch.)

Year-to-date, Cooper is flat in the ratings. In 2008, AC360 averaged 1,194,000 Total Viewers. Year-to-date 2009, he's averaging 1,199,000 (through May 3).

It is true that AC360 is shedding viewers from its Larry King Live lead-in - 17% so far this month (not the "almost 20%" the LATimes figures). This compares to 11% of the Total Viewers lost by FNC's 10pm show "On the Record" from its lead-in "Hannity." And the 17% shed by the Olbermann re-air from lead-in Rachel Maddow Show.

But, either way, at least Cooper's enjoying his days off, including hanging out at Citi Field with Madonna on Mother's Day. Ahem - we hope he dropped in on his own mom on Sunday.

#26 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

Have you seen this video of spoof of "Single Ladies" by Beyonce featuring an Obama impersonator?

8PqI12R8YNU

The floor crew of AC360 have done their own version. They aired it on CNN last night. Click here to watch the AC360 crew! It's funny!

I just saw the spoofs, and both were equally hilarious.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#27 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:43 AM

i like this show sometimes when they have fared zakaria and christiane on cuz they talk about things in the world. they do it better then the situation room anyways.
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#28 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:55 AM

^^ Well, it is definitely my choice of show at 10 eastern if I am not watching my local news channels. Not really get into Greta and not interested in partisan opinion from MSNBC (even tho I am a Democrat).
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#29 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:00 AM

Before AM starts he announces it. Is AC360 before AM live???
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#30 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

No, only his first hour at 10 pm EDT is ever live.

#31 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

So they record a separate ending with him announcing American Morning.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#32 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Do they? I don't know. I'm not usually up at 4 AM, and if I am, I'm watching Monita instead.

#33 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

Yes, I watched the ending today before AM starts and he announced it.

#34 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

No - it's recorded. The 11p hour is a replay of the 10p hour, but they record a different sign off to play at the end of the 11p hour as well. So all up I think they record two different sign offs for the overnight / morning replays. At least, that's how it was when I was in the States a couple of months back.

#35 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

^^ That's correct. The only time AC is live is between 10p eastern to 11p eastern. They record different endings to the program for the 11pm hour and the replay before AM.

#36 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

What was Anderson doing at Studio 54 when he was 10?

"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#37 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:59 AM

i think he wasn't telling the truth nelly. In my country 10 yrs olds won't be allowed into clubs.
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#38 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:27 AM

If Gloria Vanderbilt is your mom, then, yeah, I believe it.

#39 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:04 AM

I think it's a sham that Anderson only does an hour of live news everyday, when his colleges like Wolf and the staff at Newsroom do around three. He has such a wide time bracket he could take advantage of.

#40 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:25 AM

It didn't work the last time when he was live all two hours. Besides, it's not a very stimulating way to spend an hour anyway. I don't watch it on a regular basis, but I've seen that Melissa Etheridge pot story at least twice, and last night, he led with 20 minutes of nonstop Jacko coverage. :roll:

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users