417 replies to this topic

#401 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:32 AM

Sigh. Isn't that the case for all CNN programming? But recently, under Zucker's leadership, I've been seeing some of the shine come back across all CNN. I guess more patience is needed to see what will become of CNN--if it continues to grow and stuff.

Edited by AJJ, 10 March 2015 - 04:32 AM.

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#402 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#403 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

Monday

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#404 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:36 AM

How terrible has this show become with these discussions. The show is basically a mob. Raised and aggressive voices.

Its uncomfortable to watch. Its so apparent they're after ratings. Terrible.

Does AC360 spend anywhere near as much time questioning Hillary as they do with Trump? Its so obvious who's side they are on.

#405 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:14 AM

How terrible has this show become with these discussions. The show is basically a mob. Raised and aggressive voices.

Does AC360 spend anywhere near as much time questioning Hillary as they do with Trump? Its so obvious who's side they are on.

They actually just did an extended Keeping Them Honest piece on Clinton's past attacking sexual assault victims.

#406 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

They actually just did an extended Keeping Them Honest piece on Clinton's past attacking sexual assault victims.

But much less so?

I watched another bit last night, because I was switching between this and Bill O'Reilly. The tone of Anderson's show is just really negative. He looks miserable too.

I also had to admit I liked when Trump called out Jim Acosta in that press conference, until now I thought highly of Jim, but it was apparent his aggresion in his reaction. You could tell Jim really hated it. Sort of like 'truth hurts' etc...

#407 CNN1980

CNN1980

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

It's a shame that AC360 has turned out this way.  I was skeptical when they added Anderson to Paula Zahn's American Morning way back in 2001 but he really proved himself when he first started anchoring on weekends during the D.C. sniper manhunt and then got his own show, I believe in 2003 at 7pm ET.  I really enjoyed that show.  I enjoyed his interactions with Aaron Brown UNTIL it became clear during the state of emergency coverage in the Katrina aftermath that he was going to replace him.  Since he replaced Brown and became the flagship program/face of CNN I have been disappointed.  Like most hours on CNN his has become a panel show filled with people talking over each other.  The content of the show no longer lives up to the name.  It's not 360 of anything. I don't work in TV so I have no idea if all these different incarnations of the show have been his idea or if he is just doing what he is told since there have been so many changes at the top of CNN since 2005.  I think at his core he his a much better correspondent than in-studio anchor. 

#408 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

All CNN shows have an underlying format that now seems to all have gone out the door in favour of panel upon panel, which sucks

#409 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

and 9am-4pm should be strictly LIVE news only imo, let 4-11pm be strictly for pundits & opinion. I mean who won't miss an investigative format for AC360 rather than today's opinion/bash fest? or light moments like this: 

Edited by James Jayoma, 07 June 2016 - 01:46 PM.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#410 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

In all honesty and fairness, the current pundit fest does better in the ratings than the standard investigative format. 

#411 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

Hilary Clinton has been detected, rejected and selected in the past that everyone already knows about it.   We don't need any further investigations.  Trump has not served in the government before so he hasn't been investigated.  

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 08 June 2016 - 02:44 PM.

#412 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:33 PM

CNN is miking the ratings for election stuff.. they know it will drop next year...so party while they can. CNN has so many pundits they want to use them all... every news channel is being annoying because they are getting some easy ratings, and with Trump  they are getting the golden goose of ratings with him.  AC 360 joined that party too it will probably be that way the day after the day after election day.  

#413 CNN1980

CNN1980

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

They are absolutely milking the election for every ratings point they can. It is a smart business decision in the short-term. The ad dollars that they will command will be great. Long-term, I am curious to see how the network, not just 360, will pivot after the election. Will they keep the hour after hour of panels and analysts format? If Trump is president then there will be plenty of fodder for their panelists and they will be able to sustain that format longer. If not, I can't see them going back to rolling news. Their ratings always decline post-election so it will be interesting to see what they have planned. After events like election 2000, Sept. 11, the Iraq war and Katrina , CNN seems to have a habit of taking a format from a temporary situation and sticking with it. This current format feels like something they adopted from the MH370 and cruise ship meltdowns. I feel like the whole schedule should be blown up, particularly dayside and CNN Tonight.

#414 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

CNN Domestic seemingly wants to be the pro- Clinton version of Fox News.

#415 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

your characterizations are absurd

#416 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:11 PM

your characterizations are absurd

You go girl! 

#417 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:08 AM

Zucker's post 2016 cycle plans include:

-special post-election coverage: first 100 days beginning from the inauguration

- more town halls

- original series especially in the 9pm ET hour when there is no breaking news to cover (can be replayed over and over again on both CNN & HLN)

- HLN to be more traditional

http://www.politico....t-enough-004550

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#418 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:34 AM

Zucker's post 2016 cycle plans include:

-special post-election coverage: first 100 days beginning from the inauguration

- more town halls

- original series especially in the 9pm ET hour when there is no breaking news to cover (can be replayed over and over again on both CNN & HLN)

- HLN to be more traditional

http://www.politico....t-enough-004550

Kind of back to normal then... though it nice to see some good changes to to HLN... I'm sure AC360 will calm down after the election. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users