417 replies to this topic

#41 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:32 AM

I don't care what he covers, he should anchor live for two hours. For what they pay him, he needs to do more at his program.

#42 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:41 AM

Yeah, I agree with that. He's not the star CNN hoped he would be, but it's annoying that one hour of programming is repeated four times a night.

#43 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

Something's going funky over at CNN. They replayed the same Exxon Mobile commercial three times before returning back to a recorded version of 360. They're also using the news flipper on 360, something's that almost never done.

Edit: Again, with the glitches. Commercials are completely mute, while Anderson's voice played briefly over the ads. You could also hear them rewinding the tapes over the air.

#44 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:26 AM

I think he was also using a key for part of the show.

#45 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:28 AM

Where is Anderson Cooper? I understand he was away all last week, and again today? I caught Erica for a full hour last week and thought she was very capable of handling the show. That interview she conducted with Lisa Ling was really handled well.

I read that John Roberts hosted Monday. Was Erica still on the show? It seems strange that she wouldn't have been asked to host it again. :|

#46 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

I guess he's on holiday again. I didn't really watch, but Erica was on the show tonight, too, doing her usual hits.

#47 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

I read that John Roberts hosted Monday. Was Erica still on the show? It seems strange that she wouldn't have been asked to host it again. :|

Erica's numbers have been really low so that might explained why John Roberts was called to present...

#48 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

Erica's numbers have been really low so that might explained why John Roberts was called to present...

Really? If that is true that's a darn shame because I really liked seeing Erica host. I always felt that she should be the permanent fill in host since she is basically a secondary co-host in parts as it.

I hope she is given another chance to host soon.

#49 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:47 AM

I thought the report about "hate groups" in the US tonight was very hastily done. Sure, there are some kooks out there who hate everything Obama does because he's black, but not everyone who disapproves of his polices is guilty of "hate crimes" or is racist. The other side of that story wasn't presented at all.

#50 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:01 AM

Cooper, Bergen, Ware and Gupta are going to Afghanistan for week...

(click to enlarge)

#51 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

^^ And only a couple of weeks after the election! Yay for CNN's fabulous timing! :lol:

#52 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:35 PM

He's also going to cover the only story he ever covered well again-- that's right, he's going to cover Hurricane Katrina from New Orleans. I forgot which week he's doing it, but it's sometime this month I believe.

#53 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

A new AC360 worldwide investigation. “Secret Harvest,” the illegal trade in body parts, starts tonight 10 ET.

"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#54 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:22 AM

I can't believe Anderson would be happy with the way the show played out with Michael Jackson's funeral. I switched off when it was clear there was nothing going on, just pictures that CNN and other channels didn't control and talk. Just reading some blogs, they stayed with this for 2 hrs and then there was a live Larry King at 12 Est? :shock:

Next week, AC360 is live from Afghanistan to mark 8 years since 9/11.

That's the problem with this for me. Some days, the show goes down the celebrity tabloid path, and other days it is the only show on CNN that delivers some solid news stories. I just wish they would let the show do what it does best, and leave the celebrity stuff to Larry King.

#55 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

In addition to LKL, AC360 seems to have just slightly altered their graphics, too. There's a little bit of red on them now.

And does Anderson look like he's using a key? I'm not paying attention the show, I only have it on in the corner of my eye, but he was using the real set for a while, but for the interviews, he looks keyed.

#56 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:28 AM

In addition to LKL, AC360 seems to have just slightly altered their graphics, too. There's a little bit of red on them now.

And does Anderson look like he's using a key? I'm not paying attention the show, I only have it on in the corner of my eye, but he was using the real set for a while, but for the interviews, he looks keyed.

I think it's because of the strong projection wall in New York. That wall has always looked impressive on camera. Plus, they darken the set so it looks more intense on screen.

#57 kauefranqueirafan

kauefranqueirafan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:28 AM

Anderson Cooper , sept 18th

Attached Files

#58 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:26 AM

Why hasn't the new graphics launched for HD as well? Do they replace the free space in the corners only with the weather?

#59 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

Those are in high definition. They don't have the capability to scale two separate packages at the same time for high definition users, so they stick with a picture that's easily cropped for letterbox viewers.

#60 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

Those are in high definition. They don't have the capability to scale two separate packages at the same time for high definition users, so they stick with a picture that's easily cropped for letterbox viewers.

But was some variations between CNN and CNNHD in the previous graphics before (the logo with Hd)? Can't they do that now as well?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users